RF7 damage

RNAVer

Anyone think this cabinet need go to the dump? It was crushed by Fedex. It doesn't seemed completely cracked/compromised, the veneer can be touched up, but I'm worried that this will become a problem later on. Any suggestions? If I look at the inside of the cabinet, it seems the MDF is a little craked/delaminated but this isn'ta clean break/crack. I wonder if a bit of glue might shore things up.. hoping at least..

RNAVer

post-26242-13819634588864_thumb.jpg

No shipping insurance? Being in the hf section it will atleast be subject to less movement and vibration run the lf section. Try and glue in and out sides of the cabinet sand it down and clean it up. If you plan on dumping im sure someone here would snag it up. Looks like it could cause a problem it may however be suitable.

The truth is, they arrived at my place from the factory just fine. I inspected the tops of the speakers and carton- everything was fine. i repacked and shipped to my place in FLA, and didn't look at them until three months later. Called Fedex, said you have 21 days to file a claim. My parents would not have been able to look at them anyway. Now I'm stuck with them.

I think i'll have a furniture guy shore up the insides, maybe with a brace and lots of glue. I think the crack was more from compression than anything, and it doesn't seem like it is clean at all, but being MDF, it may be totally compromised and just not look or feel that way. Anyhow, gonna try and salvage them, otherwise, it would be a total loss. On a further note, Klipsch shipped them with the feet installed and not tight either.. they swiveled around during shipping and marred the finish- I had these really nice aftermarket outriggers I was gonna put on, but the feet dinged up the area so badly, I would have had to have them touched up anyway.. I'm through with big speakers!!

RNAVer

Dump? No, Carefully inject some good wood glue in the cracks, then clamp it off properly, let it set overnight. It will then be stronger than it was in the first place. MDF is MADE with glue. Then a little cleaning, sanding and finish on the outside and no one will ever know it. And you'll be proud of your save.