S4 - need new "oval ear tips", what size?

TinCanFury

I managed to loose one of the ear tips for my S4, I use the largest size that comes packaged with the S4's, and so I'm wondering if the largest size that comes is equivalent to the "Large" here,

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/exclusive-oval-ear-tips-overview/

and if it is, does anyone know of a good foam replacement that is sized for ear canals too "large" for the S4 "large" size?

thanks!

I'd imagine Klipsch could provide you with the proper parts? (at a cost of course)

I don't remember the name or brand but I've got maybe a dozen little "squeezie tips". These were recommended to me by Klipsch with the warning that they do not fit the stem of (in my case) the Custom 3's very well.

I agree and never used them. Actually, I used two of the 12. I bought 6-7 pair of them prior to a 3 week trip we were taking. Got them for the wife who's kind of funky about putting things in her ear. They never got used.

If we can figure out what they are and you're interested in them, I'd be happy to send them to you. I'm sure the postage wouldn't be but a couple dollars.

These are little foam tips that you squeeze to make smaller, put in your ear and they expand back out.

I managed to loose one of the ear tips for my S4, I use the largest size that comes packaged with the S4's, and so I'm wondering if the largest size that comes is equivalent to the "Large" here,

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/exclusive-oval-ear-tips-overview/

Yes, the largest one they have are the "Large". As for the foam equivalents, no help here as I've never used those. I personally found the medium eartips to fit me perfectly.

Hey,

I also just recently lost an ear tip for my s4i's. I was using the stock tips that already came standard on the headphones out of the box. I have a question, if I were to order a replacement set from Klipsch, would the stock tips be "medium" size? Also, 4 pairs of tips come per package right? (Since $15 is expensive for only 1 or 2 pairs of plastic tips)

• 1 month later...

I reviewed the Comply foam ear-tips over here ---> Comply Foam Headphone Tips

I got me some of those Comply Foam tips based on your review and I am glad I did. The S4 never felt comfortable in my ears. I was already planning to put them on ebay, but these Comply foam tips make a big difference. I no longer feel the S4, it seems like these foam tips adjust better to my ears. I now get the bass I was missing with the original gel tips. Thanks again for the "tip" ;-)

• 1 year later...

I reviewed the Comply foam ear-tips over here ---> Comply Foam Headphone Tips

I got me some of those Comply Foam tips based on your review and I am glad I did. The S4 never felt comfortable in my ears. I was already planning to put them on ebay, but these Comply foam tips make a big difference. I no longer feel the S4, it seems like these foam tips adjust better to my ears. I now get the bass I was missing with the original gel tips. Thanks again for the "tip" ;-)

Glad it worked out!