RB 25 vs RB 61

Max2

Im looking for some bookshelf sized guys for my "wifes" TV. Is there a big difference between these two guys? I can pick a set of the RB 25's for a less, but I am curious if the horn is different. I have also found the RB 51's new for 260 bucks shipped, but I figured I might consider the RB 25's with more db and the bigger LF driver. Anyone have any input on this?

As you know the RB-61's are the Reference IV version of the RB-25's. The specs show that the RB-61's weigh about 8lbs more and dip down about 6 dB's lower. Crossover points are also at a lower frequency than with the RB-25's. I am sure the RB-61's are an overall improvement but if you can purchase a pair of RB-25's significantly lower than the RB-61's, I say go that route.

Keep in mind that the RB-51's are rear ported, so placement isn't as flexible.

Bill

Hey Max,

I know the specs are a little different, but I auditioned both in the exact same set-up and couldn't tell the difference. Therefore, I went with the 25's due to the cost difference at the time (about $100 difference). Both are nice little bookshelves.

Hope this helps.