Comcast vs ATT Universe..... Help

IndyKlipschFan

I had NOTHING but problems with comcast... it is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They also raised my rates 5 times in 9 months. Customer service was horrible I tried to get an HD-DVR and 9 service people came to my house non of them had the HD-DVR I had to go pick it up myself.

Not to mention comcast compresses all HD channels they squeeze 2-3 HD channels on same bandwidth most use for just 1.

I currently have Verizon Fios, however my mom has AT&T Uverse and that cable box is amazing... by far the best one I have used, the internet speeds are very fast and the channels look great from what I have seen I haven't spent a ton of time with it but I will take AT&T Uverse over comcast any day :-) Then again I would also rather cut cable than go with comcast again...

absolutely!

you get uncompressed HD video and audio via the air (antenna). we watch mostly network shows anyway.

if there are some movies we like, we'll grab it from Netflix on DVDs.

not to mentioned there are various online streamings....

go to radioshack, and grab a $20 antenna, hook it up to your HDTV and watch the game...and see how you like it....i can tell you it's certainly worth $20.

My Comcast bill is too high. I have been loyal for years using both the internet and TV Service (Cable)

I might switch, so I wanted your thoughts on U Niverse?

1 Video/ audio feed for HD etc.......

2 Internet connection and up most of the time?

Uverse overall has been good.

DVR works great.

For HD with 5.1 you need a Fiber Input. 5.1 Only works with the Motorola VIP1216 when using Fiber for Audio and Component for the Picture.

Since HD is limited to 720P neither of these has been an issue, actually with my MX132 from 2002 it is a good fit.

Internet uptime has never been an issue but sometimes there are very sporadic very short, usually just a couple seconds and its back, outages since we are far from the node?

Are you within 2,000 feet of the Node? I am just under 3,000 feet, the max they allowed when mine was installed.