Klipsch RF-3

campy

• Moderators

A friend of mine has the RF-35's and he loves them. I would pass on
the KSC-C1. It wasn't designed to be paired with the RF-3's. You can
pick up an RC-3 for $100 - $150. Two of them are on Ebay right now.

$450 might be on the high side so I don't think it's a steal but might still be worth $450.

Here are a few I found

RF-3 - $350

RF-3 - $400

RC-3 - $150

i paid 250 for mine, i think 450 is definitly on the high side considering that is half of their value brand new back at the turn of the millenium....i think 250-300 is more appropriate. The rc-3 II is a fantastic center and pairs extremely well. RC-3 II's go for about 100-150, 100 is the right price IMO

Are they better than the rf-52 II,s im going to go ahead and say yes, 8" cones vs 5.25" cones are two different ball games. The rf-3's should should have a much larger sound. I wouldn't buy the rf-52 II's even if i had the money, i would, if for some reason i had to, get the rf-62 II's at minimum but would save hell or high water for the 82's. Dont get me wrong, the 52 II are a very quality speaker, i just prefer the sound of their larger brother.

If you find the RF-3s you are looking for, I do have a RC-3 I would be willing to part with at a very fair price. It has some noticable cosmetic damage to one of the woofers, but sound quality is still great, also the grill pegs are all broken off. I am the third owner, so this center has been around for awhile, but I've been thinking of buying an RC-62 or 62-II to go with my RF-62s...anyway, just a thought if you are interested in a matching budget center.