Any experience with Pioneer Elite SC-37, SC-35, VSX-33 or VSX-32 running RF-83s?

wboffthelake

My current amp, a Pioneer VSX-919ah-k, is not capable of handling the impedance dip of my RF-83s and shuts off at around -12db, so I'm looking into a new amp that can bring out the full potential of these speakers.

I was considering an Emotiva UPA-7, but they stopped manufacturing them. Emo actually currently appears to be out of stock on almost everything.

Is anyone running RF-83s with one of the above Elite amps? Will the SC's with ICEpower run them any better than the A/B VSX's.

Thanks in advance.

I have been looking at the SC-37 in case I wanted to go with a receiver and move on from my separates. Currently I have mono block amps built on ICEPower. ICEPower amps seem to excel at lower impedence bass so I doubt the SC-37 (35 for that matter) would be a slouch. That receiver's amplifier section is light years beyond your current receiver's amps and puts out 125watt per channel 7 channels driven into 8ohms (something only a couple of receivers do). Most are rated at 100+ watts so they can sell you but fall short power wise, even into 5 channels.

I have pioneer elite vsx 94 txh with rf82 and rc64 and I also have the db at 10+ for center and 9+ for my l/r fronts . I am also looking to get a 3 or 5 channel external amp I feel your pain. So much speaker not enough power .

Why do you have your levels set so high?