Demo Request South/Central Arkansas members

rockhound

This is a request for any Klipsch owners that wouldn't mind me barging in with a six pack of beer or coke whichever you prefer and listening to your 2 channel setup. I'm close to purchasing my next amp/pre and would really like to demo some vintage tube and SS gear. I "think" I would do well pairing my cornwalls and heresy with some of the early SS Mac units (MC 250, MC 2100, MC 2105, MC 2505) but would also love to hear some tube gear. In addition to the amp/pre I wouldn't mind listening to some Forte's, Chorus or KLF series speakers if you have those. The dates I'm looking at are between Feb 10th-21st. While I lived in Houston I did a similar request and it resulted in me buying my first set of Klipsch Heresy II's! I'll extend the same to anyone that wants to hear Cornwalls or Heresey II's but I only have a small Dayton digital amp at the moment. Anyway any takers?

If you lived in Dallas I have what you are interested in: Cornwalls, McIntosh MC 250, MC2100, MC 275, C2200. Also have somewhere Heresys, LaScalas and Khorns. They all work well together. Haven't upgraded in a couple of years.

I also know a little something about rocks, having spent ten years as a petroleum geologist in my past life.

I may make a day trip over there if I don't get many responses....thanks for the invite!

If you lived in Dallas I have what you are interested in: Cornwalls, McIntosh MC 250, MC2100, MC 275, C2200. Also have somewhere Heresys, LaScalas and Khorns. They all work well together. Haven't upgraded in a couple of years.

I also know a little something about rocks, having spent ten years as a petroleum geologist in my past life.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know if you have every considered mcintosh integrateds? I have a mcintosh ma6500 that I recently had serviced. They repaced the bulbs and capacitors. The unit looks and sounds like new. It has connections for two sets of speakers so it will run both a set of cornwalls and heresys. It is just sitting in a closet. I only have room for one system right now and I am using my Mcintosh tube set up. I would be glad to hook it up for a demo. If you like it, I would make you a deal. You may only be interested in older Mcintosh seperates and that is cool. But Mcintosh integrateds are a good option. The bad news is although I used to live in Arkansas, now I live in Oklahoma. I am probably as far away from you as Dallas.

• 2 weeks later...

see my system profile. shoot me a pm if interested...i'm in conway.

What a great day today turned out to be. Got to meet two really cool dudes from this forum who both had awesome gear for me to hear.

Tim- Thanks for allowing me to come to your home and demo your Chorus II's with the peach. The peach has found a new loving home for sure I don't see it leaving, really cool of you to let me invade on you today.

Sid- Same to you and my ears are still ringing :) fantastic setup you have man those VRD's are the real deal for sure and I'm sold on them now.

Anyway thanks again guys really enjoyed listening to tunes and shooting the sh$!, if your ever down here in my neck of the woods looks me up!