Looking at new Intergrated amps

zigzag2

So, awhile back I had to sell my MA6200 Mc, now i,m looking at new amps and would love some advice from Klipsch people. I have a pair of Forte' 2's that I want to build around. The music I listen to ranges from JJ Cale, Casandra Wilson, Miles Davis, Ray Brown Trio, Lyle Lovett, I think you get the picture. I have been looking at Cambridge Audio Azur 550A, NAD 356BEEE and the Marantz PM5004. Also looked at the Creek 5350 SE. Because of where I live in southern Oregon, There are no high end dealers even close to me. All advice and opinions are welcome.

I've owned a few of the Cambridge integrateds, they are nice but a notch down from the very best. The sound balance on the NAD will tip towards having good bass, maybe a little too much if it sounds like the other NAD stuff I've heard (sometimes that's good). I like the more simple designs so the Creek would be my choice, they have good power supplies and are quite a bit better than the others you listed, imho.

The NAD is great bang for the buck with interesting features like distortion canceling circuit. They also have plenty of power for dynamic peaks. I like that they are conservatively rated. I picked up the C326bee and haven't regretted it. It is better than I expected. That being said I haven't heard the others.

Why just new? A lot of excellent integrated amps were made before 1980.

You might be able to find much higher quality for the same money.

I can attest to this....

Big Cliff's setup (basement) is top notch.

He has a Kenwood IA I think it is 220 or 250 WPC......

OMG!!!!!!!!

IT CRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Cliff!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I do thank you all for the suggestions, I came home last night with my new amp and CD player. I went with the Cambridge Audio 650A intergrated Amp and the 550C CD player. It sounded a little flat for the first two hours or so but then WOW, this system made my Yamaha sound like a.m. car radio out of a '72 pinto. Lyle Lovetts 'Church' has never sonded so clear and crisp. Can't wait to get off work and enjoy my new found love.

Just picked up a pair of KG 1.5's. Thanks Craigs List. They are in great shape and sound good. Not really sure what to do with them, but can you have too many Klipsch? BTW, $80. I think I have good audio karma going, come on Heresys