RF-83's: Do I really need??

Adoremusic

Do you have the spare $$$ or are you considering this purchase because it is a good deal?

I say this:

Khorns are great, Forte's are great, RF-83's are great. They just sound a little different.

I own Heritage, "Extended Heritage", and Reference. I really like them all. I got them all at super prices. I will never feel I wasted my money because all systems get good weekly workouts with my RF-63's almost daily.

The RF-83's are super for music but really shine the most in a HT setup.

If you can afford them(not neglecting your mortgage this month), go for it.

Bill

Nope, I wouldn't miss a mortgage payment to buy speakers (not that it's any of your business).

I didn't mean anything by that. Your right, not my buisiness but I sincerely was not implying anything.

As long as they have something to offer then I may be interested. If they're continously going to be out-performed by my other speakers then why bother.

I definitely think the RF-83's have something to offer. Plenty of punch, with a smooth refinement. I think the Forte's are a bit more pronounced down low but the RF-83's have a tighter bass. Obviously it is hard to beat a 3-way speaker in the midrange but the RF-83's make a very valiant effort.

Bill

I agree with what Willand said, with Klipsch it's all good. I have Klipschorn's, KLF-20, RF-7, RF-3, Cornscala's at the moment but have had other Klipsch speakers such as the Forte II and Cornwall III. I enjoy the different sounds of each, so for me it's nice having a collection of them to enjoy. It's all good, similar, yet a little different from each. I demoed the RF-83 when they came out and it sounded good, not much not to like but I guess it really depends on if you want to add the reference sound to your collection or not. Will it get you more detail and things you don't hear now? No, it won't. I hear all the detail and sound from each, they just sound a little different from each other but more a like than not. Some find the reference a little brighter sounding due to the titanium. I don't find them that much brighter but guest have said they think it sounds brighter than the phenolic Klipsch I have. It's just a little different in sound, if you expect anything more than that, then you might be disappointed, but not disappointed with the Klipsch sound. [Y]