RF-63 vs. RF-82 II + Yamaha RXV 767

merceg100

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mate.

I am a noob to AVR and Klipsch. Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I would recommend you get a bigger AVR and the Yamaha RX-V1067 has the juice. If you can source the Yamaha Aventage A1000 you get virtually the same unit as the 1067 but you get 4 years warranty (opposed to 2 years on 1067) plus a bonus ipod/iphone dock (not in the 1067). The 10xx Yamaha have pre amp channels.

I would not get the onkyo but if you were looking for an alternate AVR look at the Denon. The 2311 has the power and what you need.

Good luck mate. I would love to hear what you ended up with.

@Masika, why wouldn't you go for Onkyo? As for now things stand this way, I'm waiting for new Onkyo 609 to come to the store and made arrangement with seller to go for Onkyo 709 when it comes out, and when it does I'll pay difference for 709 and return 609, I think that is a good deal, beause I didn't want to wait August for 709 to come out (too long for my new Klipsch toys to wait :) ). As the metter of central speaker, I managed to grab last RC-64 which was in the store and I was so thrilled! The speaker is currently in onother store of the same firm here in Croatia. I'm so happy about it. One other thing, they said that they will lower me price for RS-42 quite a lot if i decide to go for it (cos I was previously planning to go for RS-62), so will this be a big mismatch or should I go for RS-42? When all this comes out and when I connect it I'll post some photos of my home theatre if you are interested?

I am very interested in seeing what you set up and get.

I have heard and seen that the Onkyo brand is a solid but inferior make to the likes of Denon and Yamaha. In saying that I am sure there are good Onkyo models and folks who swear by it. One thing the critics (experts) report about Onkyo is that they run very hot compared to the other brands. Running hot means a smaller life span.

In the end the decision is yours and if you can try the models plugged in and listen to them at the shop before you buy.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't purchased reciever yet cos I'm still waiting for Onkyo 609 to come to store which I'll change for 709 when it comes out (estimated August). Now I'm interested for an outboard ampiflier for my front speakers. I was thinking of maybe Emotiva XPA-3 http://emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm for fronts and center or maybe Parasound HALO A23 http://www.parasound.com/halo/a23.php to power up only front two. Consider this that I live in Croatia and that if I chose to go for Emotiva that I would have to pay extreamly big duty taxes which is not the case for Parasound model which I can get in Croatia from official retail store for around 1500$. . What do you suggest?

• 1 month later...

Hi, haven't been here for quite a bit... I need your help for purchasing my surrounds. As you already know I've purchased RF-63 and managed to grab last RC-64 from the store! I'm thinking between RS-52 II and RS-62 II, they have both in store, i know that 62 should be more compatible with the rest of the system but will 52 be still enough. The price for the 52 is around 900USD and for the 62 is 1300USD, so I'm actualy asking is 62 worth 400$ up in price?

I havent actually heard the 52II or the 62II , I had a similar problem with the 1st gen 52 and 62, I ended up with the 52s to go along with my rf 63 rc 64 set up. I personally heard no difference in sound quality for me it was an issue of room size.Since my living room isnt huge the 52s worked out great and saved me some money in the long run . Im assuming its going to be the same with you.The 52s fill my room with wonderfull surround , I was amazed at the detail I get from them .

I would save the money go with the 52II im sure you wont be disapointed,then you will have some extra loot to put towards a power amp for those 63s believe me it will be money better spent.