Buying Used Item from Amazon???

SilverSport

...has anyone bought anything used off of Amazon.com and had a problem???...

I ordered an item from Amazon.com from another seller but THROUGH Amazon (with their guarantees and all)...item is listed as "Used-Like New Unit looks and works like new..."

The item just arrived but had in a comments field that I did not see on the original sale ad :Original box and manual. NO REMOTE"...now it is possible that I missed this HOWEVER, having gone round and round with another seller that was not going to include the remote at the price agreed upon without me paying an extra $30.00...I was specifically looking for something like this and I don't think I would have missed it...SO

I try to check my accout to see the original ad...nope, no whole ad just what I ordered...then I called Amazon to see if they are able to get the original ad...nope...they only see what I can see...their fix...contact the seller...

I plan to contact the seller but I can see where this might be going as their included invoice (which is not something I have access to independently so ANYONE could have added the comments field says NO REMOTE in capital letters...so...

...before I let this get too far gone...can anyone share their experiences with Amazon???...am I missing some step or just out of luck???...I still am not out THAT much on this and may keep it either way...I do know I can get my money back (at least in theory) because of the guarantee but...your thoughts would be helpful...

Bill

I got a CD this way that was the wrong version... not the one I saw in the ad. Luckily this was of no consequence in my case and I didn't pursue.

In another case, what I got I decided not to use. I was able to return with no problem. Amazon refunded my money soon after the seller reported that they had received my shipment. I was still out my shipping cost due to it not being the seller's fault. I think the most you should be out is the shipping.

Doesn't help in this case but in the future I would take screen shots of the the ad and the invoice.

thanks...I usually do but dealing mostly with ebay when I do, it stores the original ad...I just heard from the seller...he says it always had no remote in it...he sent me a pdf of the ad but his says "Used - Like New"...and mine says "Used - Mint"...strange...thanks for your input...I just need to decide if the missing items kill the deal or not...

Bill

Amazon is really good in this regards. If you have a dispute its advised to send them an email but if you can show proof you tried they usually side with you. I remember ordering something and the person practically begged to not given him less than 4 stars or amazon will remove them if they are like 3 stars or less than 90% approval rating.

Usually the sellers are pretty good about it? I brought some supposedly new books from other sellers but it was clearly used and I said to the dealer that its used and sent pictures. I requested that the average price of the used book be factored in and returned the difference which the seller did without another email.

thanks...I did contact Amazon...they advised I contact the seller...the seller told me the dog chewed the remote and showed me a pdf of his listing...his looks a little different than the one I responded to and I can't get Amazon to tell my one or the other is false...I thought perhaps the COMMENTS section may have been cut off on the original ad since I specifically looked for anything missing ...but...the seller appears honest...said he will send me the chewed remote (most functions work but it's ugly) and suggested a remote (logitech) that he had used after his had gotten chewed...I wait and see but it may turn out okay...not perfect but not terrible...

Bill