My Klipsch Thx 2 System Pictures!!

ryder

KA-1000 THX

B-gain = off

phase = 0 , set to ear later.. where the bass sounds best / loudest at your seat.

THX mode OFF

Level = max

Crossover = 80 Hz

Use the lever in your receiver to match volume to the mains

The 5.1 , 7.1, 9.2 all tell about how many channels are taken from the audio recording.

the system you have is 7.1 as your receiver (most likely) has only one SUB OUT.

You have 2 sub cabinets but they both get the same signal.

if you add another sub it does not add a channel in the system , only more cone area to move air.

...I have the same system.

My Mains are on top of my subs...no stands. Makes one hell of a tower.

My center is above my 65" DLP TV. I had it on the floor but like the sound better with it up.

Nice room!

Trey -- I just set my KA1000 to the settings above. What do they mean? Boundary Gain Compensation / Phase / Level / Lowpass Crossover???

I want clean bass, not necessarily the hardest bass -- just clean bass that hits at the right time. The only setting I changed per your list above was I turned my "level" back some.

I wouldn't swap out RF-7s for the KL-650s in a dedicated HT room. If you want to listen to music as well, well then the RF-7s would be better.

You have a fantastic set-up as is and so long as you are dedicating it as a theater room, you are at or near the pinnacle of what most could hope to achieve. Timbre match your THX Ultra IIs all the way around, supply plenty of power and use a great processor, get your system balanced out and DON'T look back!!!

Only looking for opinion, but what "great processor" and "plenty of power" source would you use for the THX Ultra IIs?

Eh, it's a little out of my price range to speculate since I haven't demoed anything in that range, but I would want something around 200 watts X 7 channels. Something like a Parasound, Sunfire, or similar. Great processor would just be a "highly rated" pre/pro in the $1000.00 + range. I think what he's rockin out already meets those credentials.

I wouldn't swap out RF-7s for the KL-650s in a dedicated HT room. If you want to listen to music as well, well then the RF-7s would be better.

You have a fantastic set-up as is and so long as you are dedicating it as a theater room, you are at or near the pinnacle of what most could hope to achieve. Timbre match your THX Ultra IIs all the way around, supply plenty of power and use a great processor, get your system balanced out and DON'T look back!!!

Only looking for opinion, but what "great processor" and "plenty of power" source would you use for the THX Ultra IIs?

Eh, it's a little out of my price range to speculate since I haven't demoed anything in that range, but I would want something around 200 watts X 7 channels. Something like a Parasound, Sunfire, or similar. Great processor would just be a "highly rated" pre/pro in the $1000.00 + range. I think what he's rockin out already meets those credentials.

Thanks for the reply -- I was interested because I run the Ultra II set up and have (in the past few months) gone from an AVR, to a UPA7 with an Onkyo pro and currently the UMC1... however I am not sure if I am fully satisfied. Think I could have gone with alittle more power, however the power may be fine, but I want alittle more from the processor.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply -- I was interested because I run the Ultra II set up and have (in the past few months) gone from an AVR, to a UPA7 with an Onkyo pro and currently the UMC1... however I am not sure if I am fully satisfied. Think I could have gone with alittle more power, however the power may be fine, but I want alittle more from the processor.

I used an XPA5 along with an Integra 40.1 when I had the KL650's. I don't think there is more performance to be squeezed out of them than what that gave. I would question power with the UPA series though. It's a great amp, but I bet you could make a difference with an XPA.

That being said, I was still left wanting more. Depending on room size and expectations, you might well be at the limits of what they can provide. For me, it was room size (at over 5000cf).

i stay on 650 s

Now i have new question i have denon 5805 mk2 receiver for klipsh thx 2 ultra set i think to change receiver looking for marantz av-7005 pre and marantz mm8003 power or marantz av 7005 with Nad m-25 power which one better with klipsh thx 2 ultra set?

or i stay Denon 5805 mk2?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I upgraded my projector to epson tw 9000w and upgrade my power amplifier

My new power amplifier is Krell tas 5x200 w and Krell Kav 2250 2x250 w

Processor:Krell S 1000 With Oppo 95 7.1 Analogue

Here is screenshot epson 9000 and amplifiers

post-49583-1381969180099_thumb.jpg

Thank you Smile

Yes Epson tw-2900 screen size 290x170 cm

Strange size... That would be 114x67 inches.. A 16:9 screen that is 114" wide is 131" in diagonal (huge!) but only 64 inches high. Yours looks closer to cinescope than 16:9 format... Anyway, nice setup! [Y]