Audio guru's please tell me what will happen??

noddy347

Hi there all, this is my first post.

Ok my current setup is Klipsch rf5 mains rf7c and matching dipoles at the rear. I am powering everything with Rotel amps. One a 150w 5ch and another 200w 2ch running the mains. The receiver is a Rotel 1056.

Now i want to upgrade my receiver to take advantage of all the new extras they have these days which will be very handy for my dedicated room and zone2.

If i change the receiver to say a denon unit but still use the rotel amps to run the 7channels for HT and 2channel listening will the receiver colour the sound i am used to hearing with the current setup?

If i change the receiver to say a denon unit but still use the rotel amps to run the 7channels for HT and 2channel listening will the receiver colour the sound i am used to hearing with the current setup?

Everything has a sonic signature, everything. So yes it will sound different but perhaps not greatly different.

Welcome to the forum. Are you Canadian? English?

Thanx, Russ

It will save your life. If they have passed....???... well don't ask unless you're committed.

JB; You crack me up; but perhaps YOU should be committed..... [:D]

OP.... Welcome to the forum. A pre is the way to go (as mentioned); unless you can find a used receiver for cheaper with the zone two amplifier output you want....

I got my Onkyo for around $140 used; It has zone 2; but no HDMI......

Good Luck.

Yes,its unavoidable. Every manufacturer has their own sonic signature. You will get the combination of the Denon's brightness and the Rotels' Warmth. It should sound pretty good ,it might end up sounding a little bright though. I would get hold of a Marantz, they are generally very clean ,slightly warm , but that's not pronounced its just enough to give you a nice smooth presentation.

Yes,its unavoidable. Every manufacturer has their own sonic signature. You will get the combination of the Denon's brightness and the Rotels' Warmth. It should sound pretty good ,it might end up sounding a little bright though. I would get hold of a Marantz, they are generally very clean ,slightly warm , but that's not pronounced its just enough to give you a nice smooth presentation.

I'm in full agreement.

Thanx, Russ

Fair enough Jackson, now I have had a chance to re-read my post ill cop the dig on the chin.

It was very late and I had just come off a shift if that’s any excuse.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

I did look at Rotel’s current processor but it’s a couple of years old now and lacks some of the specs I would like.

Any other suggestions on pre-pro brand/models to checkout would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.:)