RF-52s versus the F-30's

JFalcon4422

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to point out that we are really comparing apples to oranges here. The F-30's have dual 8's and the RF-52's have dual 5.25's. The bass output on the F-30's will be much great than what the RF-52's will put out. The tweeter sizes in both are the same at 1" and the horns appear to be the same size. I realize that the specs on them as far as frequency extension are very similar but dual 8's will for sure more efficiently produce and embellish lower frequencies.

Tell us, what exactly are your plans. If you tell us more we can guide you more. Each speaker model and line has its place. The reference series are a bunch of fantastic speakers but the synergy line is great too. The most noticable differences are in the styling followed by tweeter/horn composite and size as well as woofer composition. After that its things you don't see like crossover network design and interior cabinet design. If you were to compare the RF-82 II's to the F-30's, thats more of an even comparison and then you can truly compare apples to apples.

Sub is right as usual.

Again, while I haven't heard the F30s, the RF-52s were very crisp and had suprisingly punchy bass. Now, the bass does not fill the room like it would from dual 8 inch woofers, but for home theater use, the RF-52s definately got my attention for dynamic sound reproduction! Coupled with a good sub-woofer, I can see where these speakers will be very good sellers for the price/performance majority out there that want an excellnt system in a moderately sized family room. I want bigger so they aren't for me, but I do not hesitate to recommend these speakers!

To be honest, I can't tell a difference between the synergy line and the comparible sized reference line. I've auditioned f2's and f3's vs the rf 62 and 82's in a home theatre demo room with a switch to flip back and forth. Blu ray live concert material, h/k $2000 receiver, and I could not tell a difference other than the different speaker locations.

The reference series might be better up near reference level, never got them that loud. But for normal

Home listening I can't justify the extra $$$ on the rf series. I agree that on paper, the rf's are a technically superior speaker.

I auditioned the RF-62, RF-82, and the F-20's a while ago at London Drug's sound room. For my ears it sounded like the F-20's had more of a softer sound to them. My wife and I prefered the sound (and looks) of the Reference, though we didn't want to spend anymore then 'needed'. We then compared the RF-62 to the RF-82, . The RF's felt more alive and crisp (all powered by H/K's AVR-3600). The F-20/30's are still a really great speaker. In the end I would have probably ended up going with the Senergy series for cost, if the RF-82's didn't later go on sale for cheaper then the RF-62's. [:D]