First time experiencing Palladium(with low res pics)

Dysmae

So I had a mini trip the past couple days, flying out from Detroit and going to Philly for a couple days with my girlfriend. In Michigan there are hi-fi audio stores, but not REALLY hi-fi audio store. Translation? There are no stores in Michigan that I know of that sell or demo the Klipsch Palladium series, or even the B&W 800 diamond series. While my girlfriend was taking her exam for med school(the reason we were there), I decided to look for audio stores, and I found World Wide Stereo down the road from the Vilanova college. The Klipsch dealer search page listed that they carried Palladium series so I was super excited. Here is my very short impression.

First thing, these speakers are huge! And I was only looking at the P-37Fs, the smallest in the series. The towers are huge. The center is huge. The sub is MASSIVE! It was like a table. I took some pictures with my phone. Sorry about the quality. It was a phone camera, and it was all very dimly lit, so a lot of the pics are out of focus.

Now I was a little annoyed with myself that I wasen't able to bring any of my own demo material, so I could compare it to other things I've heard with the same material. The guy played a Eric Clapton live concert bluray. It had a long build up to the concert. The first significant sound that I heard that took my breathe away was the sound of the crowd clapping as Clapton came on stage. I found myself excited with anticipation to here the band start playing. The drums hit me immediatly. It was almost like I was feeling the drums in my chest when they started rocking out. Other than that, they didn't particularly blow me away like I thought, until a couple minutes into the performance. Then I started hearing the layering of the instruments on top of each other. Super clear, layered and powerful. My experience was brief. I wish I could have stuck around all day, but I wanted to get out of their hair since I clearly wasen't there to buy. I was quit impressed, however. I wish they had the P-39Fs though. They did have the 37's hooked up to Mcintosh amps.

I did see the RF7ii's for the first time aswell. HUGE! I'm partial to black speakers, but they had the maples on display. I actually really liked the finish in person though.

I also say the B&W Diamond 800 series. Also huge. Seemed like it was like 4ft deep. The ugliest speaker I've ever seen though.

They had Audioquest Oak speaker cable hooked up to the B&Ws. Overpriced speaker cable or what?

PS Philly was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Unfortunately, you can't cut/paste the code into the forums for external images. You have to click the Image icon and paste the URL for each image.

Just be sure to post less than 10 pics per post or it will have to be reviewed by a moderator before the images will be posted.

I've posted the first 5 images for you. [:D]

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I had a mini trip the past couple days, flying out from Detroit and going to Philly for a couple days with my girlfriend. In Michigan there are hi-fi audio stores, but not REALLY hi-fi audio store. Translation? There are no stores in Michigan that I know of that sell or demo the Klipsch Palladium series, or even the B&W 800 diamond series. While my girlfriend was taking her exam for med school(the reason we were there), I decided to look for audio stores, and I found World Wide Stereo down the road from the Vilanova college. The Klipsch dealer search page listed that they carried Palladium series so I was super excited. Here is my very short impression.

First thing, these speakers are huge! And I was only looking at the P-37Fs, the smallest in the series. The towers are huge. The center is huge. The sub is MASSIVE! It was like a table. I took some pictures with my phone. Sorry about the quality. It was a phone camera, and it was all very dimly lit, so a lot of the pics are out of focus.

Now I was a little annoyed with myself that I wasen't able to bring any of my own demo material, so I could compare it to other things I've heard with the same material. The guy played a Eric Clapton live concert bluray. It had a long build up to the concert. The first significant sound that I heard that took my breathe away was the sound of the crowd clapping as Clapton came on stage. I found myself excited with anticipation to here the band start playing. The drums hit me immediatly. It was almost like I was feeling the drums in my chest when they started rocking out. Other than that, they didn't particularly blow me away like I thought, until a couple minutes into the performance. Then I started hearing the layering of the instruments on top of each other. Super clear, layered and powerful. My experience was brief. I wish I could have stuck around all day, but I wanted to get out of their hair since I clearly wasen't there to buy. I was quit impressed, however. I wish they had the P-39Fs though. They did have the 37's hooked up to Mcintosh amps.

I did see the RF7ii's for the first time aswell. HUGE! I'm partial to black speakers, but they had the maples on display. I actually really liked the finish in person though.

I also say the B&W Diamond 800 series. Also huge. Seemed like it was like 4ft deep. The ugliest speaker I've ever seen though.

They had Audioquest Oak speaker cable hooked up to the B&Ws. Overpriced speaker cable or what?

PS Philly was awesome!

I'm glad you got to enjoy the Palladium experience....