Volti Cornscala

greg928gts

So the burning question is how do you like them compared to the T2A? Its a good chunk of change to upgrade so can you give us the owners review? Best regards Moray James.

As a replacement for the T2A the sound is very detailed, amazing imaging, silky smooth, very dynamic. I got my set on audiogon for a lot less than the new price.

Nice craftsmanship. Love the brass screws. The only thing I don't like is that funky T2A auto-former. Anyone who springs for a pair of your speakers might as well go all out and replace the T2A with this. I talked to Paul and sent him a schematic of the T2A and he provided that the zero was a direct replacement in terms of the DB changes per tap and number of taps. btw, they are about 6" in diameter.

I was looking at those the other day. I would love to try a pair.

BTW, I use the model 3636, not that it makes much difference for this discussion.

Greg

Curious about the tuning of those bass bins... did you conduct any measurements to see at what point those begin to fall off?

Those mid-horns are beautiful, and I have to agree with your assessment of the importance of the midrange in this type of design.

It's basically just like the Cornwall, and it tests about the same.

Greg