Blueberry Extreme

tillmbil

I am looking for reccomendations for tubes for this unit. FOr the DJ8/6922 I have a Cca, and the 12ax7 is a tele smooth plate. I am looking to know what works best for the 12at7 as I have one going bad. Also curious if the 12x4 should be looked at...thoughts?

I ahve not been on this site in years, but my speakers are Cornwall II's and amps are VRD's one of the first few pairs made.

Hey Bill!

I'm not here much anymore either but I can answer your question. The 12AT7 in the V1 slot is the KEY tube for the phono section. The other 12AT7 isn't as important. Once I discovered a late 50s/early 60s Telefunken ECC81 (-- EDIT --- It's an ECC801S), my search was over. You might have to pay $100 or more for a good one but it's worth it if vinyl is still important to you. Just buy one for the V1 slot and buy something less expensive for the other 12AT7 (V3 I think).

Good luck. I hope all is well.

Gary

P.S. My outdoor speakers still rock!

I am looking for reccomendations for tubes for this unit. FOr the DJ8/6922 I have a Cca, and the 12ax7 is a tele smooth plate. I am looking to know what works best for the 12at7 as I have one going bad. Also curious if the 12x4 should be looked at...thoughts?

I ahve not been on this site in years, but my speakers are Cornwall II's and amps are VRD's one of the first few pairs made.

If your playing vinyl, you want to try a ECC801S (it's the super quiet variant of the 12AT7, aka ECC81...... but w/ zero hisssssssssing)

EDIT:

What Garymd said.

• 2 weeks later...