NEED ADVICE ON NEW RECEIVER?

dieselp

I have klipsch RF62 floors a RC62 center and RS52 surrounds and a powered sub. i have a farily large room 26x18. I just upgraded my tv and am now looking to change every thing over to hdmi old set did not have hdmi. I will only be running 3 things through the receiver HD cable, HD xbox, and HD bluray. no 3D i use my speakers for music and movies and a little gaming. I am trying to decide between the pioneer elite vsx-33 or sc-35. or if u know of another reciever that would work well with my setup. thanks for any help just want the right receiver if i am going to lay down the cash.

whats your motivation behind spending so much on a receiver such as the ones you have listed. One is $1000 msrp and the other is $1600 msrp. Looking at their specs via comapre function on pioneer's website they are almost verbatim the same machine. They differ in power quantities and 1 connector here and there but otherwise they almost appear identical.

If power is your reasoning for a larger receiver and it's what you seek, at $1600 bucks you might as well check out www.emotiva.com or seek out a used parasound, B&K amp, marantz and a processor from intergra other the other brands i listed. There are many more you can choose from but that was just to list a few.

If you are hooked on a high quality receiver, look at harman kardon and marantz.

I just read some info on the Emotiva very impressive. my big ? is would i benifit greatly using the with my klipsch system i hve now. and by that do i need that kind of power or the bigger ? will it be useful or overpower what i have. just getting back into my home theater and not real sure and probably have a ton of ?s

The UMC-1 is a great processor. The latest update emotiva released seems to have fixed all of the previous issues. This was the "final" update but there could potentially be another final final update for it.

Power wise, the UPA-5 would have been great for you, i believe they have discontinued it though. The XPA is what i have and i got it because i know in time i will upgrade, maybe to a different line of speakers or RF-7's at some point. Basically, i wanted that extra power. For what you have, would it blow your speakers? Theres a potential but i dont think you realize how loud your speakers would be when that happens haha. You would hear them distort at that point and you would know that should turn them down. I can put a 1000 watt amp on each of your rf-62's and just as long as i listen to the speakers and make sure im not over driving them, you'd be ok! It is always better to have overhead power sot hat you dont clip your speakers at higher volumes.

An external amp like from emotiva or parasound would knock a pioneer or denon alike on its A$$. You can always benefit from an external amp!

I just read some info on the Emotiva very impressive. my big ? is would i benifit greatly using the with my klipsch system i hve now. and by that do i need that kind of power or the bigger ? will it be useful or overpower what i have. just getting back into my home theater and not real sure and probably have a ton of ?s

The more power, the crisper, more detailed and more responsive your speakers will be. Just because it's 200 watts per channel and your speakers are only rated for 100 (or whatever) doesn't mean it will blow the speakers up, it just means that you don't have to twist the volume knob as far to get your desired listening level. More power does reduce the risk of damaging the speakers from maxing out the amp.

agree on all above comments, a umc1 and xpa-5 would be far superior to any receiver, if you dont feel you need a monster xpa you could always find a used upa-5 (but then again you could find a used xpa5 for probably close to the same price or a few hundred more making it again a easy choice) and youll never have to crank the volume knob very far, all units have a 5 year transferable warranty, so used is a excellent way to go here if you dont mind spending less

spending less is always a plus! and i may change my speakers in the future but right know i am pretty happy so i think i may go the way of the umc1 and the xpa-5 i would love to see it set up in person are there dealers or can u only get it from them i live about 45 miles south of chicago. dose any 1 know of a dealer who would have this locally.

Emotiva is an online only company. You might put out a request for someone who lives in your area who is willing to demo their setup for you if they have the UMC-1/XPA-5 combo.

I completely agree with what others have said. If you're willing to spend $1000+ on amplification you should seriously consider separates.