R25 Feedback

JAG02

Hey thanks for the feedback... I tried to reply, but its not showing up for some reason...

Anyway, I'm definitely thinking of checking them out. Are these considered "lower-end" Klipsch speakers? I heard some RF-5's (I believe) and they sounded amazing - I'm just curious to know whether I would expect similar sound quality on these?

Also, is there anything I should look for in particular when purchasing used? I've never bought home theatre speakers (let alone used home theatre speakers) so I just want to make sure I'm not getting scammed or something haha.

Thanks!

Reference series speakers are never "low end." There are some distinctions to be aware of, however:

The veneer is vinyl, not wood (I'm not sure about the RF-5, but I thought it was wood). The flagship Reference line is a real wood veneer which includes the RF-7, RF-83, and RF-63, and RF-7 II. In my estimation the RF-5 is similar to the RF-63 vs RF-83 in that it is a slightly smaller version of the RF-7.

The flagship lines have larger tweeters and better internal components than the non-flagship lines.

The RF-25 is made in China rather than in Hope, Arkansas.

The RF-25 does not have near the bass extension of the flagship Reference lines, nor the newer Reference lines, however, with a sub, they sound great. Even with the newer ones you want a sub so shouldn't matter much. In comparison to the RF-5 (which I have never heard) you get 6.5 inch woofers instead of 8 inch.

When buying used, the most important things in my estimation are to listen to them to make sure there are no issues. Then check the cabinet and woofers for any imperfections so you know what you are getting. Lastly, there will be a sticker on the back with model and serial number. Make sure that is there to avoid being scammed.