Synergy Sub-12 (used) $100

mak33

So I'm slowly building a small HT, and my first item (an Onkyo receiver) just shipped to me yesterday. No speakers whatsoever at this point, but looking for decent used deals.

My intention was to purchase a pair of fronts before a subwoofer so I could actually get SOME low, mid, and high range for music and movies, and THEN purchase a subwoofer down the road.

Came across a used Synergy Sub-12 for $100. I'm wondering if this is a "must have deal?" for a budget-minded person like me, or if it's just a "deal that pops up frequently"?

Assuming it's in great condition and hasn't been used much as the seller claims, should I go for this?

• 1 month later...

I agree. I have two Synergy Sub 12's rated 300/650 watt Bash down firing 12" woofer with rear port. In small

den they work Great for Bluray movies. Purchased them used several years ago. If I had a larger room

with tall ceiling I would save for more power and larger woofer. I have hammered mine every day (retired)

amps still working fine. If it plays and does not clip..Buy it if you have a small room or average size room.

Get the seriel# and call Klipsch customer service and see if it the 300/650. They use to make a Synergy 12 that

had smaller bash amp. I remember seeing the two different rated subs back then as I purchased mine from

2 different owners.