Another Center Channel upgrade to RC3/62/64

thexad

Little history for you.... Fell in love with my ProMedia 4.1, I got a couple years back, and decided I would use them for my start of a HT setup. I recently went out and wanted a bought a RC-52 to do the center work. I was then quickly wanting more, A week later I picked up a pair of RB-51's for the L/R. A week after that the local London Drugs had a massive clearout of Klipsch stock. I picked up a set of S2 for surrounds. The next day I found a RSW-10 for a great deal. Two weeks later I grabbed a set of RF-82's for 70% off, and moved the RB-51's to rear duty. There are still two ProMedia's used as heights on occasion, and this is how its been for the last three months...

The issue i have found and seems to be the same for most people with RF-82's and a RC-52, is the center can't keep up. I feel like there is a blanket or pillow over the center channel when watching movies, and it distracts me from being able to enjoy the movie. I have finally been able to convince my wife to let me upgrade the center. I have been looking at the RC-3/62/64, but I do have a very limited budget. I do not want to have to spend the price of a new RC-62 ($550 shipped) if i don't have to. I guess my budget is $600 max. I am unable to audition any of them without ordering them in, and paying high restocking fees, and would have to drive about 500mi to do so. So i am going to have to go strictly by peoples experiences with them.

Chad

I'll have to keep my eye out for a good price on a RC-64, the shipping is going to be a pain though, should be worth it then. Thanks guys! Any reputable place to buy used? I did also find a few RC-7's for cheaper than a RC-62? Would a RC-7 be ok with the RF-82?