running 2 center speakers

JasonJCarney

Honestly, unless I KNEW that I was going to upgrade to a Reference RF-7 or equivalent system, I would sell the RF-52 and get a C-3 center. Timbre match your center and get the most out of it you can. For the money saved you could buy a new sub. If you use the RC-64 or RC-64 ii with the F-3s, I think your fronts might not be able to keep up, and that's a place you probably don't want to be for very long.

Just my .02.

Youthman: thanks so much for your help. Truely appreciate it.

...... Cornfedksboy: funny cause I had the c2 and then the c3 first. Then I sold the 3 when I got the 52 on clearance. To be honest all 3 have sounded similar to me. Wish I had them all lined up with the same movie clip to hear the difference. Looks like the $100 c2 purchase could turn into $1000 rc 64! Lol. As for this "timbre" matching thing, seems to be way overrated when your at the onkyo tx sr608 receiver level. Maybe when the electronics improve the timbre matching will matter more ?

• Moderators

Looks like the $100 c2 purchase could turn into $1000 rc 64!

Yeah, I originally was looking at the RB-61's because my wife didn't want big speakers in the living room. Then when we were making plans to build our first home, she said, "Why don't you have a theater room?" Whoohoo! LOL

My ears are not what I call "critical". I bet I would not be able to tell in a blind test that a speaker was not timbre matched to another unless it was from a totally different line of speakers (ex. Reference with Synergy etc).

• Moderators

I was ready to put a 40 inch lcd on the wall in my theatre.

I was looking at a 50" until I put masking tape up on the wall representing how large the TV would be. It looked depressing and so tiny on a 13' x 10' front wall. LOL

Then my brother-in-law told my wife that we would be stupid not to put in a projector like his and bammm i get the go ahead to purchase the epson 8500ub!

Your brother-n-law is awesome. He just hooked you up big time. :)

I obviously have the sickness.

Welcome to our world. You didn't think this was a forum did you? This is Rehab. We have to have nightly meetings here but personally...I don't think it's working. [:P]

• Moderators

My bad. When you said it wasn't working, I thought you meant $1000 for a new center channel wasn't "working" for the wife. LOL I forgot I had mentioned the "Rehab" wasn't working. [:D]

Congrats on the new purchase. You are going to love the RC-64II.

I think you'll notice, I'm not a critical listener or expert by any stretch, but when I went from the Synergy c2 to the RC-62ii, it was night and day. Much more crisp, the dialogue was bright and clear, and effects popped. Of course replacing the b2's with the RF-62ii's didn't hurt either.