Inexpensive Professional power conditioner solved my subwoofer issue

superedge88

So my subwoofer amplifier is connected to the same circuit as the beer fridge in my living room. Whenever the beer fridge would kick off it would cause a popping noise to come from the subwoofer. I could not easily place the subwoofer amplifier on a different circuit, so I wanted to check out getting a dedicated power conditioner for the sub amplifier. I decided to try and find an inexpensive power conditioner locally so that I could attempt to fix the issue with the option to simply return the power conditoner if it didn't fix it. I found this power conditioner made by "Live Wire" at my local Guitar Center. It was only $49.99 which is a pretty good deal for a power conditioner. I consulted the knowledgeable salesperson there (he had been dispensing some pretty honest and intelligent guidance to various customers while I waited to be helped) and he said there was little to no difference between it and the more expensive Furman option that they had available. I purchased it and was on my way. The build quality seemed simple and good. I added some adhesive rubber feet to it to make it more suitable fot sitting atop the subwoofer amplifier and commenced to testing out the power conditioner. No matter what I tried with the refrigerator the subwoofer would not make the popping sound anymore! I am very happy with this easy and pretty inexpensive fix and wanted to point out this option to others that may have issues with electric noise or speaker popping due to various other issues in their home's wiring that would otherwise require an expensive solution. There is little to no information online about this specific power conditioner, so I took a picture of the box it came in. It is called the Live Wire PC900

Posted Image

happy to hear it solved your problem. It's a nice looking unit. I google it to see what i could learn about it and struck out...couldn't find anything on it.

Beer fridge in the living room.............................nice.

I know it kinda sounds like a dorm room thing to do, but it works out really nice when the wife and I have friends over that want to bring over adult beverages. We don't always have a ton of extra room to put guests drinks in the kitchen refrigerator. The beer fridge really works out well.

Beer fridge in the living room.............................nice.

I know it kinda sounds like a dorm room thing to do, but it works out really nice when the wife and I have friends over that want to bring over adult beverages. We don't always have a ton of extra room to put guests drinks in the kitchen refrigerator. The beer fridge really works out well.

I'm envious, I could picture one next to my couch.