Is it safe to...

Dombo

Here, this more of a technical question, I guess.

I have a pair of KLF- 30's and a Denon 3802 receiver. Is it safe to go pass 0 on the volume? It goes from

-70 to +18. I have turned it up pretty loud and don't hear clipping (absent chucks of sound, right?) But I don't want to do something stupid. Also, I believe that that the KLF-30's can handle 200 watts (continuously) and the denon only puts out 110. What does that really mean? I just want to know if I am pushing my luck or are the 30's pretty durable and powerful? Thanks a ton for you rhelp and saftey precautions.

Your KLF's can handle one hello of a lot of CLEAN power but if the amplifier driving them is driven beyond its limits it is possible that the high frequency drivers could be destroyed when the amp "clips" - ie sends intense bursts of high energy - high frequency - signals.

Better minds than mine can explain how and why clipping occurs.

All of the above said - You would be highly unlikely to withstand the sheer volume put out by your KLF's at anything near your amp's clipping point.

Use your speakers and amp and some common sense and simply enjoy!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)