RF-83 set up

I am definitely new to mid scale audio, but actually, is sad as it is, I really have never had a great system. Music listening has been a major portion of my life. I can word for word most rock n roll songs from the late 60's to mid to later 70's. I enjoy the great detail of the great rock bands and what was put in the music, even though listening to it through low grade systems. I did do some research, even though I dont know what I am doing. I finally found some RF-83's, which are on their way to me know. I have a Denon AVR 3805 receiver pushing them. I know these are some monster speakers but, from what I have read, there are some reports that say the Denon doesn not supply enough power for good base or clarity. So could all of you with any input at all, lead me in the correct direction....economically as possible...of course?

My guess is your Denon, with 120wpc, will have plenty of power to drive RF-83's, which are a very efficient speaker. You may be able to get more bass impact, especially with bass drums, if you went to a higher powered amp but the difference will be marginal and NOT economical. I would do just as wuzzzer said above, and listen to what you got first, then decide if you need to upgrade.

...some reports that say the Denon doesn not supply enough power...

Those reports refer mostly to situations where the Denon owner is trying to drive low-efficiency, low-impedance speakers. the Denon line definitely doesn't like 4-ohm electrical loads! With your high-efficiency, 8-ohm RF-83s, you should have both plenty of power and lots of loud available with your Denon - Enjoy! Boomzilla

I have had the RF-83 myself for quite a few months now and ever since iv had them i have overgone countless research in everything to do with audio equipment, physics for electricity, audio components and more. From my research i can tell you that your denon will be plenty enough power to drive your speakers to a loud level but there is a dramatic drawback that i found with denon and thats its sound quality output, everyone and everything that i have read ( months of reading ) has stated that the denon paired with klipsch RF-83 is the utmost worst combination as it reproduces a really inaccurate sound output against a lot of other top receiver brands.

The denon are also said to have a bad impedance output which could be one of the major factors in a bad sound quality output with damping factor occuring and other factors.

...everyone and everything that i have read ( months of reading ) has stated that the denon paired with klipsch RF-83 is the utmost worst combination as it reproduces a really inaccurate sound output against a lot of other top receiver brands...The denon are also said to have a bad impedance output

Well, my reading obviously isn't the same place as yours. Most reviewers that I've read praise the Denon sound, but concede that the wimpy power supply in Denon equipment makes it a poor choice for low impedances. I've never heard of "a really inaccurate sound output" from any credible reviewer. The Denon-RF-83 match may not be made in Heaven, but on the other hand, it shouldn't be reminiscent of Hell either. My choice for good-sounding but inexpensive electronics in an AVR is Yamaha. Even their entry level stuff sounds acceptable and since they're heavily discounted, you can't beat the price. My advice to the original poster is to pick up a yard-sale Yamaha AVR and give it a chance. I bought mine (with original remote) for $10,

Cheers! - Boomzilla

Well I certainly do appreciate all the input. I figured where else to go for good input, if you klipsch other than the "community" which also have Klipsch or familiarity. Thanks guys!!! If you have any more input please dont hesitate. I am making sure to note all advice. I bought the Denon, thinking that Denon was in general a great product. I will definitely, make sure to keep it long enough to make a determination on my listening taste, but I really do appreciate all the great advice. What is a great apiring for the RF-83's, if you dont mind me asking? Even if it not that great (economically), I have been known to go on a splurge.