Length of speakr cable

Bill H.

I just became a Klipsch member, with the SB3's, which are wonderful.

I bought Kimber Kable,(I know don't beat me up), but the lengths I bought I find are about three feet to short on each side. Should I just admit I made a mistake and buy new, longer cable, OR is there a way to use connecters and make the wire longer?

Kimber Kable 4VS is the make of wire.

Bill

------------------

Bill

i surmise that one of the reason you are concern about the splicing of the cable is the affect it could have on sound quality.cost might also be a factor.iwould go to my local radio shock or home depot and get enough zip cord from the electrical section,replace the wire if this dosnt satisfy cut 3 feet for each of the origonal wire try that if not get the required lenght of the origonal cable.this is how i would approach this problem. bill hope this helps

OK, I know the professional esoteric Cable guys will bash me like normal, but here I go with MY opinion since you are new to all this.

Go to Home Depot...Menards... Lowes... whatever is a good Hardware store in your neighborhood. Go to the Electrical section where you can buy wire off of the spools. (This is not the audio section.) I know here in Indy they carry Woods Wire and Monster Cable. (Yes the same you buy at your stereo store).

My point is, you can get the same professional quality 12 Guage, good quality speaker cable, for pennies on the dollar campared to buying this from your local audio store. (There is a considerable, almost unbelievable markup for Speaker Wire at any Upper level Stereo store.) Always buy a few feet longer, so you do not run into your same problem again. (I agree, a single connection at each end is better than a spliced one, no matter what the speaker cable is.)

Go home, hook it up, and enjoy!!! And as a buy product, save yourself several hundreds of dollars you can buy music with, or other equipment. Enjoy the music, or your home theatre, and forget what anyone else tells you about some esoteric 3 thousand dollar speaker wire that vastly improves your sound system invented by some university lab in the backroom, that defies all physics laws and gives incredible focus, clearity, real beyond realism.....LOL. (Look for the article in Stereo Review, and then see the full page ad elsewhere in the magazine.) I am sure it makes all other wires sound terrible and "obsolete." Afterall, "lab tests confirm it." You get the idea.

Indy and everyone who made a comment Thanks. I went back to the Klipsch Dealer, who kindly refunded the major portion of my price. I then purchased the Correct length of speaker wire I needed. I have my Klipsch SB3's humming now, and love them. Again Thanks for your responses.

------------------

Bill