KG4 Midrange?

billybob

Have not listened extensively yet to begin to know for sure but may be some reservation in the midrange output. Quite rightly so, I would suppose being a 2 way but, is the upper of the 2- 8 inch woofers dedicated to midrange, or, only partial duty to midrange, or, something else...

TIA

Yes I see now. Shared duty. The speakers at first impression are laid back, reserved, yet do have bass.The midrange content and 90x40(?) exponential horn, both convey mellow,subdued. It may need some volume from me to appreciate speaker's reputation as a rock/roll type. Just checking them out.In my limited opinion.

Thanks again.

I suggest you try replacing the caps and the PTC, the KG4 should not sound "laid back, reserved".

That is encouraging.

BTW, what is "PTC"? Thanks

Alright, believe the ptc is a resistor by reading *DeanG/Other's posts on KG4 servicing.

He mentioned Auricaps as a superior cap.

Question please. Do I need complete crossover kit from Bob Crites or, just his Sonicaps or, just the mentioned Auricaps and a good non inductive resistor for each pair? Since I do not know the replacements values, maybe I should just call Bob...

Thanks for your responses.

I suggest you try replacing the caps and the PTC, the KG4 should not sound "laid back, reserved".

Nike air max pas chernike shox pas cher
Thanks for the Nike link...it makes sense now...

Looking at the Wiki-link the word polyswitch was mentioned in Bob Crites repair kit...that helps, thanks...

On another note, I changed the source to CD from computer and not bad at all. Maybe this 2 way like other Klipsch has it's own identity.

Meanwhile finding out, this is a lot of speaker for it's size. Bass has sounded quite good and just a little treble bringing highers in nice and smooth. In my setup. away from walls and closeby listening not far enough away for the sweet spot and the horn. A few feet away and across the room, the tweeter seems to disperse wide audio path. This is only the third Klipsch two way, have listened to now, and can begin to understand why the KG4 following for rock/ht. The exponential horn different experience in sound for me.

Makes one want to do the crossovers. Serial starts with 87...

Thanks a bunch...