Pair RF-62 II and Klipsch Synergy C3

senmurv76

It's not ideal and it won't be timbre matched, but all things considered, it wouldn't be bad. For that price you could probably get an RC-62, which would be closer to ideal, but if this one is available near by you could certainly try it and if you don't like it I'm sure you could get your money back.

Thanks but an RC-62 for $130? They seem to be selling for at least double that price on e-bay. My local agent sells new ones for around $550 (new of course) ... Unfortunately I will not be able to return the C3 once purchased!

Sorry, meant RC-3. They go for between $100.00 and $175.00 depending on condition. If you do purchase the C3 and don't like it, you could likely resell if for around $130.00. Other than the hassle, you wouldn't be out much or any money.

I owned the c-3 and used it with f-3's. It is a nice speaker. I thought I was upgrading when I sold the c-3 ($165) and went to the rc52ii but I was not. I now have the rc64ii and still have the f-3's and it sounds great. The c-3 is a good speaker and for $130 if you don't like it you could easily get your money back on eBay. Funny that you have the rf62's cause I ordered a pair and am wondering if they will be an upgrade from the f-3's? I really want rf63's but they are 3x's the price of the 62's. Also keep in mind the c-3 has a composite or plastic box not wood (incase that is important to you) and it is not a perfect rectangle either.

I have come across a used Synergy C3 for around $130 - do you think it would be a good purcahse to pair with a set of RF62- IIs?

I strongly recommend staying reference and if possible get the rc-62 great speaker you will love it and will match your fronts perfect in sound and looks. I never had the rf-62 but had the rf-82 with the rc-62 for a few years loved it. If you watch a lot of movies the center is not a good part to take a chance on imo go with what you know will work great.

I finally received and installed the C3 - They sound good overall. They specially fill in the mid range when listening to stereo music.

I have on question though: After running Audyssey on my Denon AVR-1611 it chose "small" for the size of my C3 and set the crossover to 60Hz. What do you think of these settings? According to Klipsch's website the frequency response of the C3 is 73Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB. For your information I do not have rear speakers nor do I have a sub.

Funny cause I just received a set of rf 62 ii's today! With no sub I personally would want the c-3 set to full size. I have used it in both small and full range. With a nice sub I would go small. It has the ability to produce a little bass so you should use it. Give an update how you like the c-3 after a while. At $130 it will be a cheap fix should u like it. FWIW I liked my c-3 much better than the next speaker I went to (rc52ii). Before I got the rf 62ii's I used my f-3's. I used the f-3's with 5 different center's hd300, c-2, c-3, rc 52ii, and my current rc 64ii. The 64 is the best but next would be the c-3.

I haven't used the C3, but based on your set-up, I would want the towers set to large and I would think I would want the center set to small (would have to hear it to know). I would set the cross-over above the reproducible range to about 80 on the center and make sure that the towers were giving a full range. From there give it a listen and play with the settings. Most likely the lower cross-over recommended by Audessey won't be noticeable for most applications as the center will handle primarily vocals and very few (if any) voices travel below 70hz.

Thanks for the suggestions guys .. I have set the center to small with crossover at 80Hz .. the C3 is growing on me, its definitely a step up from what I had before ..

Jason you referred to "all channel stereo" in your previous post .. Just by luck today I noticed a considerable amount of hiss from all three of my speakers when I crank up (90db) the volume on my Denon 1611 and set it to Multi Channel Stereo (I hear the hiss when nothing is playing) ... the hiss is noticeable only when I switch over to my Apple TV 2 (connected through HDMI) .. If I change the AVR to Stereo mode the hiss lessens by an order of magnitude and almost disappears when I change it to Direct mode ... almost no hiss is heard at the same volume level when I switch to my Sony blu-ray player and I switch the AVR to Multi Channel Stereo mode .. there were some posts referring to hiss when AVRs use DSP, I guess the Multi Channel Stereo mode is considered DSP? Have any of you experienced something similar?