Klipsch Image One Review

justin_tx_16

I wrote a long review over at my site click to check out the graphs and all the dirty details, meanwhile, here's a short version.

These headphones sound great. Their sound quality and output with even low-powered sources is impressive. From the moment you pick up the box, you know these headphones are made for the discerning Apple product lover. Klipsch's attention to detail is evident from the start with high quality packaging, premium leather-lined memory-foam ear cups and superb remote control and microphone optimized for use with iDevices.

You won't find the transparency expected of high-end headphones like the Sennheiser HD600 or Grado 325i, but who expected that at this price? That being said, you won't be disappointed. Punchy bass that isn't overly-boosted that cleanly transitions to midrange and treble. The relative flatness (see full review) from these headphones allows you to listen to them for hours without fatigue.

The headphones that you'll see sitting next to these at an Apple Store:

Monster Cable Beats by Dre - $300

Monster Cable Beats by Dre Solo - $200

Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviator - $150

V-MODA Crossfade LP - $200

The headphones that you'll see sitting next to these at an Apple Store that are better:

N/A

Expect great audio quality, comfort fit and best-in-class remote control all for under $150 with the Klipsch Image One headphones, beating out headphones twice as expensive.

Physical

Sound

Comfort: 10/10

Bass: 9/10

Build: 8/10

Mids: 8/10

Remote: 10/10

Treble: 9/10

Mic: 8/10

Soundstage: 8/10

Overall: 9.0

Overall: 8.5

If you want to know more, and in deadly detail, continue reading. Oh and there is a bonus Monster Cable Beats by Dr. Dre rant, no purchase necessary!

Oh and there is a bonus Monster Cable Beats by Dr. Dre rant, no purchase necessary!

So Monster Cable makes sells phones now too? I tried out a pair of Beats for a few minutes, ok, more like 30 to 45 seconds and there was just too much bass, kind of what I guess would be called bloated. A lot of boom and thump burying the mids and highs. But what do I know. I'm probably now considered a tin eared old fart.... should be a fun read...

Oh and there is a bonus Monster Cable Beats by Dr. Dre rant, no purchase necessary!

So Monster Cable makes sells phones now too? I tried out a pair of Beats for a few minutes, ok, more like 30 to 45 seconds and there was just too much bass, kind of what I guess would be called bloated. A lot of boom and thump burying the mids and highs. But what do I know. I'm probably now considered a tin eared old fart.... should be a fun read...

Doh! Monster is behind Beats and the rant is in Justin's review... click to check out the graphs and all the dirty details, click to check out the graphs and all the dirty details, (oops my possessed laptop pasted twice.... by the same computin' machine company that has Beats sound cards..... )

Very nice and accurate review with the disclaimer that I've yet to try the Image One but have tried the Beats 'phones. Very disappointing. Given my long term experience with Kliplsch Custom 2 and Image X10 and other posts by Justin I'll bet Coytee's back 40 that he's nailed it.

Now I've just got to try them for myself... but of course then I may have to have a set.

• 4 weeks later...

All my kids have ipods and the apple ear pods a not even close. I have some expensive over the ear head phones that don't sound this good. I adjusted the setting on my ipod classic 5th gen 80gb and WOW Great bass and highs my 60 year old ears have NOT heard in years. I guess having the speakers inside your ear makes a BIG difference. I find that I don't have to use so much volume on the ipod now. I have owned Klipsch Heritage Speakers for 30 plus years so I should not be suprised that Klipsch has made such a good product for a fair price.

EDIT I have the ImageS4 pods...... did I post in wrong thread?