Best MP3

fawwaz

After an intial debate about how bitrates differ in qality after 128 bits,so I guess the best way is to download the same MP3 twice in different bitrates one in 128 and the same in an 256 or 326 bit format and then judge on the difference (done it already?)

The question reamins which MP3 demonstrates the capalities ,or let me say distinction from the other brands , of the klipsch promedias and remember A Song Tune an not a test sound like pink or bass test .

Remeber your choice tells a lot about.......... wink.gif

I say Creed - Can You Take Me Higher or Fuel - Hemmorhage or The Urge - Its My Turn to Fly do a pretty good job, they have a nice balance of lows, mids and highs. They dont overpower with bass or any other spectrum like other songs. Listen, and see for yourself. Make sure if you run it from MP3 format that you get a good one, I have heard some pretty bad crackly ones. Both Songs can be played Loudly, with a capital L, and still sound good, even though they are somewhat different where genres are concerned

i would recommend a slow, soft voice/instrumental song cause it will be much easier to pick out the distortions in a solo voice or instrument. creed and fuel and the lot of rock has too much intrumentation and stuff (don't get me wrong, fuel rocks, but it is just not a good quality test in my opinion, but ymmv).

try Fisher - I Will Love You. Very strong, generous piano and a sweet voice, definetly sounds best in 320 kbs.

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

and not to add fuel to the fire or anything, he he, you really need to listen to the different bitrates on a decent set of headphones. don't get me wrong, i'd throw myself in front of a mack truck to save my 4.1's, but my sennheiser hd545's can DEFINETLY pick up the difference between a 128 bit and 320 bit song, the quality just isn't there on mid to high end cans like the 545's. now on the 600's, the difference is like night and day, like telephone and SACD.

once again, ymmv.

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply