Hasn't it gone quiet in here recently....

maxg

Well... we just got the news from the biopsy and it looks pretty good. It came back benign and they think it just might be some scar tissue. Smile.gif She will be getting a larger biopsy done at the end of the month but as for now, we couldn't be happier. Yippeeee!! Biggrin.gif

Mike

BTW, please excuse my butting in on the original topic...

Mike,

SUPER! That's Great News.

Got a question on your Sampson Amp setup with the SVS. What mode do you have it set to, Stereo or Parallel? Are both channels required to have a load. Thinking of getting one for my SVS but wondering if it will need two loads connected to both channels speaker terminals. My NAD bridges to a single 4 Ohm, the Sampson in bridge mode requires an 8 Ohm load.

Any clarification is appreciated.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Thanks, Wes! I'm running the Samson in Stereo but am only using one channel on my single 20-39CSi. Keep in mind, the Samson delivers 350w/pc into a 4 ohm load. You are correct about the bridging of the amp. It's only for 8 ohm speakers and the SVS are 4 ohm as you know. However, I believe Foresthump is bridging his with his SVS sub. If you have the nerve, you may want to ask him how it sounds. Smile.gif TV says not to do it and that's good enough for me...

Mike

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 05-10-2002 at 06:41 PM

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. No! I don't want to bridge the amp. My concern was if I bought one and ran my single SVS in stereo or parallel, would I harm the amp by not having a connection to the free channel. It appears that not having a second sub or speaker connected to one channel is ok?

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>