Klipsch 12 inch Synergy - fuse blown instantly

TonyO

Hi, Looking for some insight as to why my sub is blowing a fuse with nothing connect to it other than power. I put the new slow blow fuse in and pop, its done. One after another.. Any insight would be much appreciated

Thanks,

TO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having a very similar issue with my

RW-12d. I have replaced the fuse – every

single time… pop. How would I check the “mosfets” – pull the back panel off of

course, but does anyone have a picture of what to look for? How would I know the mosfets have gone

bad? How would I go about fixing

it? Would this be something that I could

take care of – assuming no electronic knowledge but a ton of patience and

willingness to learn?

Thanks,

Matt.

I have repaired a few of these bash amps. If you are willing to USPS me the plate amp only, I will repair it and post some pictures of the process for a a few bucks. 90% of the time its an easy fix. The other 10% its hit or miss.

Unfortunatley I do not have any schematics. Klipsch doesnt seem to like to release any of that information. I however in my spare time have started to create some schematics by tracing the circuits on some of the amps I have worked on. Currently I am working on a RW-10. This is a time consuming process and takes alot of attention to detail. If your amp is suffering from the fuse blowing problem I will have a look at it if you are ok with shipping it.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Old post.. but did you ever have the amp fixed? if so was it the Mosfets or?? I can purchase another Sub 12 for cheep as it is doing the same as your was.

I am 'Lucky" my two in the small den for HT system still work just fine. I play them ever day watching TV or listening/recording on R2R.

Thanks Louis