New center speaker for use with my existing KG 5.5 main setup

secretplayer

I am wanting to upgrade my center channel but continue to use my existing KG 5.5 s. 5.5s have not yet be checked for cabinet leaks, etc.

Existing center channel is a KV3.

Current 5.1 receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi with the advanced MCACC room equalization that also checks the channel delay and channel level.

My taget is improved dialog rendition which now varies widely from channel to channel (DirecTv). When the source is real good (like BluRay) - center is still not great.

Which Klipsch center would be my best bet for use with the 5.5s? This is for home theatre only - two channel audio system is in another room.

Rears are are RS3 s and sub is a Sunfire MK IV.

Thanks - SP

Center not great with good source? Have you determined that your KV3 is working 100 percent properly with no damaged drivers or out of phase wiring? The KV3 should sound really good with the 5.5 (I should know). Where is your KV3 located? Is it in a cabinet or too low/high?

You really can't compare/judge an audio system or speakers with TV broadcasts. They suck and have no standard whatsoever. BluRay and DVD are another animal, and should sound good if your receiver is set up correctly and your levels are set correctly. Do you have an SPL meter?

t-man:

I think all is ok with the KV3. I can recheck the phasing to be certain.

Test tones during MCACC can be heard and sound the same level to mains.

Center is directly beneath the big screen and tilted up slightly.

What do you suggest?

SP

I also used to run with 3 KG 5.5s. It was great, but when I put the KV3 in to replace the center KG 5.5, I didn't notice that major of a difference. It still sounded very good, and considering the size difference, it was a compromise I could certainly live with to make my wife happy.