Rc 7

billben

Would the rc 7 match well with my quartets. I think I finally gave up on matching my rears, Im going to keep my kg1s till I find another pair of quartets. Now I have a ksf c5 center now and I like it but my curiosity tells me the rc 7 would be better. I would like to get a academy but way too hard to find and Im giving up. I dont want to have to buy another center channel after this. So basically Im setting my sights on 4 quartets and the rc 7. After this im done, I hope lol. Is it woth the upgrade or keep what I have?

• Moderators

The RC-7 will not match your quartets. Sory but they are entirely different speakers. It typically isn't a good idea to try and match reference speakers with the heritage and non-heritage speakers.

Im confused, Ive heard alot of people saying that it is the closest speaker to the academy as far as matching heritage? I realize that you shouldnt match non heritage speakers with heritage, but is there a real match for quartets? As far as I know there isnt. The quartet doesnt have a matching center speaker and I dont have the space for a quartet in the center. I know that I cant find a perfect match, Im looking for something that is closer than what I have so I can stop shelling out money on speakers and than re selling them lol. Thanks for the up

• Moderators

Maybe contact this guy on Ebay. He has had it listed twice and no one has purchased it. Make him an offer within your budget.

Here are Academy's on Craigslist:

$425 obo in West Palm Beach, FL - Link

$450 in Gulfport - Link (Hahah...I it might be difficult for him to sell it when it's listed in the Auto Parts Section)

$320 in Greenville - Link

$250 in Oaklahoma City - Link

$350 Firm in Minneapolis - Link

Even if these aren't local, contact the buyer to see if they would be willing to ship or there may be a forum member who is nearby that you could work with to pick it up and ship it to you.