Can RS-52 placement work in this room?

madfusker

See the attached diagram. Freehand, so stop laughing! :) Those mains really are angled at the couch properly! Ideally I would setup my system head on with the top wall, but I cant due to the red areas which won't allow the RS-52's anywhere in that 90 - 110 degree angle from the couch (patios doors and large fireplace in the way).

So alternatively I am looking at the attached placement. I am wondering if the angles on the RS-52 will work right on a wall at a 45 degree angle from couch instead of the preferred 90. I have labeled them #1 and #2 and drawn in the sound output direction with arrows. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

post-41681-1381965708117_thumb.jpg

Do you think there would be an advantage to making a mount for the RS-52's to angle them properly? If I got really creative I could probably make a piece of wood to cover the gap on the backside and get the proper 90 degree angle to the couch. I can probably get some assistants and have them hold there to test it but was just wondering if anyone here has ever experimented with this before.

Well I used to have mine on stands when I didn’t have a good

side wall to put them. You could try that and what you said. I think you can be

pretty creative with the RS line and still get pretty good results. Being that

they don’t require direct line to your ears to sound good. Their designed to bounce

of walls to create a sound stage.

• Moderators

Do you think there would be an advantage to making a mount for the RS-52's to angle them properly?

I had a very similar problem with my room due to a double sliding glass door being in the way of where I needed to mount my RS-52.

A friend of mine welded me a custom speaker mount and it worked out great! My speaker is properly setup and it looks like it is just floating in the air.

Take a look at this part of my build thread. I started off with the RS-35's and then later purchased the RS-52's but the mount works with either. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of that page and you can see additional photos and info about it.

rs-52_7.jpg

Back_Wall_small.jpg

Thanks for all the input everyone. I will have to do some experimenting.

@youthman, I was wondering about that speaker a few weeks ago when I looked at your thread! Thanks for the details.

WTF is the deal with no carriage returns on this site anyway??? Looks like everyone else is doing them but I can't for some reason. ????

• Moderators

I was wondering about that speaker a few weeks ago when I looked at your thread! Thanks for the details.

The secret has been revealed. LOL

WTF is the deal with no carriage returns on this site anyway??? Looks like everyone else is doing them but I can't for some reason. ????

Typically it's a browser or phone issue. I'm using Firefox on a PC. Some Mac users and iPhone/iPad users have problems with formatting text.

Did you try Command+Enter?

Yeah, fireplace is tricky with all the heat. Slider door is easy. I went ahead and set it up that way and skewed it towards centering a little more on that shorter wall (kind of in the middle of those two options). It doesn't look as bad as I thought. I will have to get the RS-52's up and do some evaluations.