Need some Klipsch advice pls

DiscoD

I'm a relative newbie to Klipsch but have fallen in love with my new hobby. Put together an HT system that works pretty good for me. KSB 8.5 mains, SS-1 surrounds and KSC-C1 Center along with AR sub. Question is that I have been advised and research indicates that the correct center for the 8.5s for timbre matching is the KSF C5. Is the C5 a better center and will it make that much difference? Also would be interested in any ideas on locating one if recommended. Would enjoy your opinions and advice. THX in advance!!

That statement makes me want to go get a RC-7 and replace my RC-3II

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I've got a KSF-C5 that I've used sparingly and it is a much better sounding speaker than you might think.I'm going to use mine as a rear center if I ever get around to mounting it.It has dual rear ports,and would be the perfect match for your KSF8.5's. One on E-Bay now.If you have no luck there,call back Disco.Good luck!

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 04-26-2002 at 11:53 PM

Biggrin.gif

You will be a very happy camper by insisting on the best for a center channel. It simply carries the whole movie, tv show, etc. You begin to hear details in the show that you never heard before, even at normal volumes.

I actually went for an RF-3 which lays on it's side on top of a 55" TV. If I ever get around to it, I'll make a new faceplate to put the horn in the center and the drivers to the outside, but frankly I'm not very motivated as it sounds GREAT!

Coupled with RP-5 fronts for AWESOME bass and subwoofer action and RS-7 surrounds, the system makes people stop in their tracks, sit down on the couch and veg for a few minutes. They always get up smiling!

Most of all, ENJOY!