Can you bridge two RS-3II's to make one rear.

m00n

Can two RS-3II's be bridged together to act as one rear channel, if I set my receiver to have one rear channel? If so, what kind of sound degregation can I expect if any.

With the extra amp I am looking at, I can either go 4X45 watts 8ohms OR 2X100 watts 8 ohms. I was thinking I could use one of the 2X100 to push one rear for movies that don't have 7.1, but that DO have 6.1

I know it sounds odd, but I have my reasons for asking.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

No DVDs presently have 7.1. You can wire your two rears in parallel but it will reduce their impedance to 4 ohms. If your receiver does 4 ohms it will probably not be a problem. I'd leave the receiver set at 8 ohms since this is the impedance of the other speakers. The effect on sound quality should be negligible.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

Moon,

NAD made very versatile two channel & multi channel bridgeable amps. I have a two channel NAD 2400 THX amp that's running in bridge mode powering my SVS sub. Before getting my Outlaw 750 amp, I used it to power my rears in two channel mode. In its 4 Ohm bridged mode it's providing double the output. There are of lots other excellent choices available.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 04-28-2002 at 09:53 AM

moon, in your original ? i think you were asking really how the preamp/processor in your receiver takes care of the rear surround channels. it takes care of that for you whether you select 1 rear or 2 rear w/ those speakers connected respectively. if you set it to 1 rear center it processes the audio to just that one speaker accordingly.

other receivers let you designate in them how to allocate the power from their preouts. if you get a 2 channel amp, you can assign that to drive your front speakers & let the receiver amp then drive your 1 or 2 rear surrounds. don't know if your hk has this ability

though. denon does.

------------------

My Home Systems Page