Onkyo HT-RC180 Help

reynolr

I finally got my HT-RC180 from Fed-Ex today and am hooking it up. I did the mic and other than thatI'm no to sure what else to do. Is there anything special I should turn on or off on it? I know I wll adjust the speakers and sub to my preference from what the mic put them at. But I saw a thing about a THX sub or something, and I'm sure there is more in here I dunno about. Anyways any suggestion would be great. Thanks.

Also when I was in the speaker set up for my front L/R (which are bi-amped) it will only let me choose bt 4 and 6 ohms. I thought they were suppose to be 8? Is this a problem? And if the speakers are set to normal instead of bi-amp the only options are still 4 and 6. Please let me know because I do not wht to mess up my speakers.

Also when I was in the speaker set up for my front L/R (which are bi-amped) it will only let me choose bt 4 and 6 ohms. I thought they were suppose to be 8? Is this a problem? And if the speakers are set to normal instead of bi-amp the only options are still 4 and 6. Please let me know because I do not wht to mess up my speakers.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/151157.aspx

Choose 6ohm tap and all is fine. A 4ohm setting will cause the Onkyo's protection mode to kick in when it first detects a difficult load.

Bill

I just got this AVR and hooked it up for the first time last night. Don't have much info for you, but I am really liking the unit so far, enjoy yours!

Wait.... did you suggest that the OP "enjoy their unit"?[Y]

Did you set yours to 6 ohms? The manual says "If the impedance of any speaker is 4 ohms or more but less than 6, set the minimum speaker impedance to 4 ohms" So since there are only 2 choices and the 4 ohm setting does not apply to Klipsch speakers than I would say it belongs on 6 ohm setting.

I currently have my two rf-52ii's bi-amped and set to 6 ohms. I figured 6 was closer to 8 than 4. I am getting mixed reviews here tho. Some say 4, some say 6 (I also have this question posted under technical questions about ohms solely). What to do what to do...