Audition/Palladium/LI

shake777

I must admit that I don't have all that much experience with many different subs, and definitely not with multiple sub-setups like you have Nic.

What I can say though is that the Palladium sub, even if it is considreably bigger than two shoeboxes, is simply amazing. I replaced an Infinity 5.1 setup with the Palladium 7.1 setup last year - and it was actually the sub that impressed me the most initially. As you probably have seen my HT room is not all that big, at least not the viewing/listening area but I was seriously considering two subs - after all the recommendations I got and read on-line. However, after setting this system up properly I have absolutely no need for a second Palladium sub - that thing is so powerful and goes so deep, yet it is so controlled.

I consider myself extremely lucky to both have found Klipsch and the Palladiums, and to be able to afford the investment. I really went way above what I ever thought I would spend on AV equipment - but I don't regret it for a second. I feel like I am in sonic heaven whenever I listen to music or are watching a movie.

Skule, No one needs a surround sub system like I have. Its just about personal taste...I have five subs just in case you missed that. I feel really close to you in understanding the absolute value of Palladiums without the money thing. The absolute value in terms of my enjoyment and the enrichment of my life and personal happiness is very high and I think you understand that. Money is another factor completely. When I realized this was probably a lifetime investment the cost became irrelevant. Ammortized over at least ten years the cost is small especially since I paid about half price for everything but the center which i got about 15% off on. Thanks for staying in touch and if you want me to say more about the subs I will; I think you're happy as you are and as you should be. Nic

Thanks, Nic! I appreciate how quickly you see my situation.

Actually, my LR probably is too full because of large apartment-size furniture (my apartments had a few much larger rooms) and large speakers in a small mid-1930's house. So, my TV cabinet (not shown), couch, and coffee table are too large, and everybody has to maneuver in small space. Also, btw, my room is narrow for its width (18' X 11'), so it's hard to have a good sweet spot.

Subs are pretty big, so there just isn't the space in my house.

Needless to say, stop by if you're ever in the area.

Thanks Nic - fully agree. No regrets, and this will most likely be the last speaker system I ever buy - as such you are correct, the investment is indeed acceptable. FYI I paid approx. retail less 30%

LI is a little far from Norway I'm afraid, else I would have loved to listen to a 5-sub setup [:D] As you say I am extremely happy with my system and will stick with the one Palladium sub!!