Heresy III vs. Other Klipsch Center Channels such as RC-7

loveitloud

Greetings All,

Does anybody out there have an opinion on using (or not using) a new Heresy III speaker versus any of the other Klipsch Center speakers such as the RC-7? The RC-64II is out of my $500 price range. Also, I have not seen any RC-7 speakers pop-up for sale in my area lately (but if I receive a good enough reason to wait until one becomes available I can). Has anybody heard a Heresy III for a center channel? It seems as though the clearity would be great for this purpose. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback on this subject.

Cheers,

-LoveItLoud

I used a Heresy III as a centre speaker (lying on its side, slightly tilted up towards the listening position) for over a year and was quite pleased with it. I replaced it with a Belle, which was a better match for the La Scalas, but if I'd been using Heresy IIs or IIIs for mains, I'd still be using the Heresy III as a centre.

Well, I have a confusing setup as far as my front speaker setup. I have a pair of Apogee Stage ribbon speakers running my highs and a pair of Forte II's behind them used to carry the range in the lower frequencies. I used to cross-over these 2 sets of speakers around 700Hz (roll-off), but when listening to the pair in full-range I was conviced that this combination actual works well together.

If I wanted to follow your theory in regards to timbre I should be buying another ribbon speaker for my center channel, but my vintage Apogee brand never did make a center channel. Also, if there is a ribbon center channel (different brand) out there, I probably could not afford it any way. I also have my system split where I can easily play 2-channel audio just by shutting down my amp that is driving my surround speakers. My reasoning for picking up a Heresy is that it seems like it will closely match my Forte II speakers. I know that I could also buy the Academy, but I really want a newer speaker due to the age of my Forte's.

CECAA850,

That does sound like a fantastic idea, but due to the California housing prices square footage is too minimal to do such a thing. Well, that and the fact that I am not a movie star or computer guru. If I move to Texas (and there is a small chance of it) I will split my system into a 2-channel and HT then for sure. My wife is from South Carolina and we do talk every once in a while about how nice it would be to have a true Home Theatre. Ya know, the kind with a popcorn machine and stuff like that. I, on the other hand, am interested in a Audiophile man cave 2-channel listening room.

Thank you for your advise. I actually just pulled the trigger on a Heresy for my center speaker.

All the best to you,