Questions about industrial La Scala's

brando090

I am currently trading up for a pair of JBL 4311's, and after a year or so, id be interested in aquiring a pair of industrial La Scals's to (i think) finish my speaker dream. Im wondering if their is any difference in sound from the personal walk in La Scala's from back in the 70's that regular people can buy, and if all industrial La Scala's are slip tops? Thanks

• Moderators

To me they sound the same, they may have different drivers for more power but will sound the same or VERY close. If you are talking about the 2 piece LaScala as a split top then no, not all industrial Lascala's are 2 piece.

Unless you specifically want industrial, just get the regular version, there were many more regular LaScalas made so the price is lower unless there really in great shape or an unusual wood.

1. The industrial LaScalas came in both configurations, split and one piece. They also came with the heavier woofer, K43 instead of the K33.

2. I (gasp) agree with Dtel...in that, the time I heard them, I would say they sounded more like my stock LaScalas than not.

Now...if you want to start really tweaking them, do a search on JubeScala

They will then sound different and perhaps, better.

#2, please go into more depth. I personally think that they look better, what would be a fair price for a pair? I do like the industrial ones that arn't split and are one piece. Also do you know of anyone in Michigan that has a pair for sale, or where i can find a pair for cheap (any stories of finding them in schools, churches,etc?). Thanks