RC 52 ii or RC 62 ii with RB 61 ii

anilpnair

Hi,

I have a huge space constraint due to which I cannot go for floor standers. I've decided on RB 61 ii as front L/R speakers which will be placed inside my TV cabinet. Now I would request your suggestions in choosing the centre channel speaker. Which one of RC-52 ii and RC-62 ii would you all suggest based on your experience with Klipsch reference products. This would be my first Klipsch purchase. Curently am using Energy Take classic 5.1 speaker package with an Onkyo SR-608. I'd been reading through various blogs/forums and have finally decided on Klipsch. Request your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks,

Anil

Hi,

I have a huge space constraint due to which I cannot go for floor standers. I've decided on RB 61 ii as front L/R speakers which will be placed inside my TV cabinet. Now I would request your suggestions in choosing the centre channel speaker. Which one of RC-52 ii and RC-62 ii would you all suggest based on your experience with Klipsch reference products. This would be my first Klipsch purchase. Curently am using Energy Take classic 5.1 speaker package with an Onkyo SR-608. I'd been reading through various blogs/forums and have finally decided on Klipsch. Request your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks,

Anil

First I must say great choice deciding on klipsch. I have

owned both those centers (old series) and must say that the rc-62 is a huge

upgrade over the rc-52. Plus if you get

the rb-61ii the rc-62ii will be a good match in that you will have matching

drivers across the front stage (all 6 ½ drivers).

I have to agree. The 6ow ere very powerful speakers and have a pretty big soundstage. I used the older RC-62 with my RB-61 IIs and it all meshed together very well and it almost seemed like the 62 is the center made for the 61s instead of the 52. And another good thing is if you ever get the room for floorstanders and upgrade then you'll already have a more than capable center as the 62 II will work fine for all the floorstanders except for the 7 IIs.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions/feedback. I really appreciate it. Has anyone had any experience with Mirage OS3 speakers? A few of my friends suggested that OS3s outperform Klipsch reference series speakers but somehow I don't believe it. Any one who had any experience with the Mirage OS3 speakers and can provide some insight where they stand against Klipsch reference series.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil

The Mirage OS3 is a good speaker. A friend of mine used them as rear channels in his system, but has since moved to bipole Paradigms. He continues to use some Mirage towers in his living room. Are they better than Klipsch? Well, that's totally a matter of opinion. They are more airy and "less bright." I say that in quotes, because I don't think Klipsch speakers are actually bright, as many detractors like to say. The difference to me is that they are less dynamic than Klipsch speakers. The OS3 has a refined, full sound, and they do sound better for classical, and other string heavy music. For HT (as well as rock and electronic music), however, they lack detail and the ability to be engulfed in a great action sequence.

It's totally a matter of preference and I would suggest that you do some comparisons and go with what you like best. I did, and I went with Klipsch, but that's not always the case.