Klipch Horns vs. Cornwall 2s

Boomer---Hmmm, I'd put it like this. Khorn is Street Hemi Coronet or Belvidere. LaScala is 350hp 327 Chevy II; less torque and harder to get off line but would run with the Hemis if well driven. And the Chevy II guys always bought them stripped--rubber floors, manual steering and brakes, bench seats---just the go stuff. Just like LaScala. Cornwall is like a big 390 Galaxie XL with automatic; torquey, comfortable and cool. I won't compare Klipsch speakers with Eurocars because Eurocars are not Kool in that bigger than life way that only American products are, I mean can you imagine Elvis driving around Memphis in a BMW like some latte-drinking Yupster who lets his wife push him around, the kind of pathetic milquetoast with thinning hair and a mustache who fuels the Mercedes SUV while his wife sits at the wheel yakking on the cellphone? No way. James Dean had a Porshe but he was a self-flagellating freak and a big crybaby. Can you imagine The Rivieras leaning on a Saab instead of a Riv on the cover of "California Sun"? Can you imagine a band called "The Saabs"? Yeah, maybe for record store clerk geek cultists who wear ironic T-shirts maybe. Nah, Eurocars are more like those insanely expensive little speakers with 5" plastic woofers and tragic dome tweeters. Klipsch are 2-fisted, barrel-chested speakers for manly American men, and manly men of all nations.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 05-23-2002 at 09:37 PM

Hate to be bearer of bad tidings for Boomer...but in 1/4 mile ET's, the '69 Roadrunner 440 6-pak ate the lunch of the same car sporting the 426 hemi. These were the two quickest off-the-showroom-floor street-legal funny cars of their day in a quarter mile. The 426 was faster, but its extra weight gave the nod to the 440 in a quarter mile! Ahhhhh...the days of 120 octane gas at the pump!!! My '60 Studebaker Lark 8 loved that stuff!! Ugly, BUT dependable car...and for a small block V-8, excellent gas mileage!! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.