Dolby True HD

JasonJCarney

I think the differences are subtle but noticeable in the lossless formats, a little more air or space around instruments and tones.

"I spit on your grave" was a pretty brutal movie, the one scene there at the beginning was a little long and uncomfortable so it was nice to see her get some payback.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think the Sherrif got it the worst at the end of the movie....whew where she put that shotgun had to hurt!

But yeah I'm not sure what determines the "popular" encoding formats.....bc for DVD DTS sounded better than Dolby but yet it was very rare.....now on Blu Ray they both sound about the same but DTS is the one on most Blu-Rays....I'm surprised that they don't have both on Blu-Rays now since they have up to 50gb of capacity on the disc. Nonetheless this generation it doesn't matter bc they both sound great! The only time I get pissed is when I don't read the Blu Ray specs and get home....and discover that the audio track is Dolby Digital! The last movie that surprised me with lossy sound was the Punisher.....

Based on my Blu-ray library which is admittedly quite small, maybe a dozen give or take, DTS MasterHD accounts for roughly 90% compared to Dolby TrueHD.

I actually went Blu-ray mainly for the audio, not the picture. The lossless formats are just more defined and enveloping than lossy. I don't hear a big difference between the lossless formats, but then again there are few TrueHD to compare.