Surround Sound, which one?

H.C. Spilk

H.C. Spilk,

Welcome to the forum.

I am looking to get a surround sound unit for the TV room.

Are you looking for a sub/satellite system, bookshelf system or tower speaker system? Do you need receiver, BD player, speakers, sub?

What is good that will not break the bank?

Give us some figures that will not break your bank.

Are you open for used gear?

Where are you located? We can better serve you if we know your general location so we too can look for good deals on your local craigslist, ebay, audiogon, etc.

Bill

I am looking for something to play the Blue Ray movies with and I just bought the Klispch 500 surround speaker system, and reading the "light" paperwrok included, I see I need a surround sound unit to drive this system

We have a Plasma TV, but it is feed with satellite. This is no biggie since Blue Ray movies have what we want as entertainment.

Costco has a Pioneer unti that looks likeit may work,

Enlarge
http://null/#' class="anchor">

Pioneer
7.1 Channel Elite A/V Receiver
3D Ready

Made For iPhone®
Ethernet Port
6 HDMI Inputs & 1 HDMI Output

Item # 550821

but being out of the Stereo Loop for quite some time, I find this type of Forum is the best resource.

We have the Klispch Horns, but they are too big for the sun room, thus I want something smaller an dneed to learn what is out there.

Thanks again. H.C.S.

Klipsch has numerous "systems" that can be purchased and paired with a receiver. Price ranges vary. That is why others asked for the price range. You have 5.1 systems that cost around $500. up to Reference systems that cost $6000. Price has a huge bearing. Icon and Synerfy have a cost in between those prices. Also, you can build the system a few pieces at a time.

From Klipsch:

For a smaller satellite system, you could look at the HD Theater 500 system. $599

t223_56c655c54add172df0656ab482f28f68.jp

You could step up to a bookshelf system. RB61ii setup round $1400

t223_ebfa1b064617861a3d3ad03e2ef6786e.jp

Say Floorstanders: Maybe a RF62ii system round $2225

t223_66ea5505a49b6abc56a67e23ffd6711c.jp

Out of the reference line into the Synergy line for $1776 F-30 system:

t223_d1ee491be6cb593753c79d398fc8c5fb.jp

Or Hit the top of the reference line. RF7ii setup for $5695

t223_49f5fc34eac82c91e3ec3c5389e31e1a.jp

Hello Beach Nut, I bought the Klispch HD 500 system and upon opening it I see I need to buy a "Surround Sound" receiver/amplifier/switch.

Being out of the home entertainment systems for a long time, I see I need to come up to speed. I looked at the Pioneer VSX-31, and think this may be a initial level box to get.

Keeping in mind, my blue ray movies with surround sound will be the main use.

Any feedback is appreciated. H.C.S.

• 5 months later...

Just get a Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo or other name brand with at least 100 watts/channel. That will be more than enough power. Feature at this level will be important. I have this system and think it performs well for a HT/Music system. Don't let this little guy fool ya, this little HT rocks!