Got my new RC-64II but front horn bezel is missing??

robc1976

Well I recieved my new RC-64II (Supposed to be new) center speaker and the front of the 2 piece horn is missing (front benzel where it goes together. Will this hurt the perfomance? Will a RF-7II horn work on this unit?

Here are pics of horn where the bezel is missing....we are looking into seeing if a RF-7II benzel would work since they have the same tweeter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

robc1974: 99% you shouldn't have any issue without the bezel...But, then it's not a finished product to look at or use! If possible, just return the speaker and get a new one.

The other possibiliy is to examine the speaker carefully and see if assembly line just forgot to place a bezel or if it's a returned speaker for xyz reason (and now you are a victim of it!). If speaker is in prefect condition and there are no other cosmetic/audio issues, then call Klipsch and ask them to send a new bezel with instruction to mount. Klipsch is extremely good in taking care of their customers.

The horn (tweeter) speaker of RC-64 II is mated with RF-7 II, but that's not the point here, when it's a brand new speaker purchase like yours!

Good Luck!

Seriously...if it's a brand new speaker, then I would work to make sure you got a productive representive of that which you had intended to purchase.

Acoustic performance differences should be small, but can't say they'd be non-existant...

The speaker was new in the box (at least it looked like it was not opened). The thing that is a bit odd is the in the pic if you look at the bottom 2nd hole where I am guessing the benzel pushes in looks to be mis-formed or had a benzel in at one time and was maybe knocked out. I bouth this speaker on Ebay as "new" for a very low price of $915.00. The seller seems very nice plus I bought it with paypal and it also has the Ebay protection on it. I went to a local dealer and agreed the nbox looked as if it had not been open but had a VERY hard time believing that the factory left this piece off.

Here is the add:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260836754196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Well I am not an expert in legalese, but it appears the original owner purchased it from an authorized dealer and then sold it to you, which makes the Klipsch warranty invalid. Good luck in working with the seller, but a "NEW" RC-64II means that it would be what you would expect receiving from Klipsch for that price.

I agree...right now I do have a local dealer that said "If It has the serial # on the box he can get me a new bezel...but I want to make sure this speaker is new and not defective. I tested it and it sounds great so I guerss I may go that route. The seller hasn't responded yet. I did get a email before getting the speaker that stated this (I actualy wanted to see if he had others LOL!!):

I got this center speaker from a Klipsch distributor who owed me a favor and gave it to me at his cost (that's why it was so cheap).

Well I am not an expert in legalese, but it appears the original owner purchased it from an authorized dealer and then sold it to you, which makes the Klipsch warranty invalid. Good luck in working with the seller, but a "NEW" RC-64II means that it would be what you would expect receiving from Klipsch for that price.

it
Thats the way I look at it....the cover was still in plastice and the strofoam was very hard to get off and the box was not retaped anywhere I could see so it appeared to be not ever opened, but I couyld be wrong. There is a minor scuff on one of the corners but that is probally from shipping, I have seen worse from others. I just cant think how the benzel would not just be there it almost looks like it was damaged...he removed it and shipped it?

Well...If it came from a Klipsch Distributor: 1) they should be able to get you the bezel at no cost to you. 2) If you are taking it to a local dealer who is willing to help you with a sale that you made on the internet, those folks are worth their weight in gold and you should consider them on your next purchase. 3) The price you paid was what I've seen other RC-64iis go for. Fwiw, at tha price the seller made some money on you, regardless of favor. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Good Luck.

... There is a minor scuff on one of the corners but that is probally from shipping, I have seen worse from others. I just cant think how the benzel would not just be there it almost looks like it was damaged...he removed it and shipped it?

If the box was unopened there should be no apparent signs of damage during shipping. I also agree the missing bezel is intriquing, but if you're happy with your purchase and you have a local dealer willing to help you then you are on the right track.

Well...If it came from a Klipsch Distributor: 1) they should be able to get you the bezel at no cost to you. 2) If you are taking it to a local dealer who is willing to help you with a sale that you made on the internet, those folks are worth their weight in gold and you should consider them on your next purchase. 3) The price you paid was what I've seen other RC-64iis go for. Fwiw, at tha price the seller made some money on you, regardless of favor. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Good Luck.

I have bought all 9 speakers from them and I am still deciding if I should get the (4) RF-7II I just got my RF-82II a bit ago but those RF-7II sound good LOL!!! I think that may be a bit much though.....my system now will run you out of the house and I am about to put 200 watts per channel to my wides,fronts and center. I am VERY interested in where you found these RC-64II for the price I paid I do need (2) more. If you want to PM the link that is awesome or share it here.

They are all over e-bay for $900: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-RC-64-II-CENTER-CHANNEL-SPEAKER-/390332590622?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item5ae1a2aa1e

EDIT: Also if you go to the AVS Forum's "Klipsch Owner's thread" they are always posting where they got their internet deals.

Thanks man, tYeah I have seen these but they are all "B stock" cherry and I have to have black. I post in the klipsch owners thread a lot!