HT sub options

JasonJCarney

The options on the table are 1. 12D x2 2. eD A2-300 x2 3. Single eD A5-350 4. Another option in the 6-8 range.

Fairly large room 12x23x8. Placement could be an issue as the screen is only 23.5 inches off the ground making tall subs upfront a no go. The subs mentioned will fit but the A5-350 would need to be layed on it's side. open for any and all ideas. BTW the rest of the system is rf62ii's rc3 rs3's. The budget could be stretched s bit but not too much. Thanks in advance

How about the Table Tuba?

thtlp.jpg

eighthspace.gif

15X18X72 dimensions

Isn't that the Tuba HT in the unfolded mode?

That is the intent. In measuring the plans, though, the table version is actually 2 inches shorter. Also, the horn on the flare of the table version is more drastic, and has a bigger mouth. Those would explain the lower tuning of the upright one (horn length), and the reduced flattness of the table version (the flare at the end).

You heritage guys are all alike!

New member: "My daughter needs some dorm speakers for her laptop that will double for watching TV via NetFlix. I was thinking about the Quintet's. Advice appreciated."

Heritage fan 1: "Have you considered Hereseys with a scott amp? Those sound great."

Heritage fan 2: "I use four K-Horns with vintage Mc amps and it makes sweet music."

Heritage fan 1: "K-Horns might be a little big for her dorm. Have you considered Bell-Scallas? After 4 years of searching I scored some great ones with no tweeters that I refinished and put Bob Crites cross-overs in. They sound absolutely fabulous!"

Heritage fan 2: "I sold my Belle-Scallas to a member of this forum and he and the wife play obscure 1960's records on their sansui turntable with upgraded tone arm!"

New Member: "I think I'll buy bose."

You know I love you (and kinda want to be a heritage guy), but come on! Enough with the Asbergers topical obsession! The question was very straightforward, and while you may not know what his HT room looks like, he has posted a bunch of pics in the HT thread. The table tuba is about half the total volume of his room.

JJC, I absolutely LOVE my dual RW-12ds for HT! If you can get them for $350.00 shipped, do it!

You heritage guys are all alike!

New member: "My daughter needs some dorm speakers for her laptop that will double for watching TV via NetFlix. I was thinking about the Quintet's. Advice appreciated."

Heritage fan 1: "Have you considered Hereseys with a scott amp? Those sound great."

Heritage fan 2: "I use four K-Horns with vintage Mc amps and it makes sweet music."

Heritage fan 1: "K-Horns might be a little big for her dorm. Have you considered Bell-Scallas? After 4 years of searching I scored some great ones with no tweeters that I refinished and put Bob Crites cross-overs in. They sound absolutely fabulous!"

Heritage fan 2: "I sold my Belle-Scallas to a member of this forum and he and the wife play obscure 1960's records on their sansui turntable with upgraded tone arm!"

New Member: "I think I'll buy bose."

You know I love you (and kinda want to be a heritage guy), but come on! Enough with the Asbergers topical obsession! The question was very straightforward, and while you may not know what his HT room looks like, he has posted a bunch of pics in the HT thread. The table tuba is about half the total volume of his room.

JJC, I absolutely LOVE my dual RW-12ds for HT! If you can get them for $350.00 shipped, do it!

Hilarious! Thx Cornfed.... I was looking for some insight on the RW 12's. [Y]