potential diy sub?

reynolr

So the lfe input on my sub 12 went out and klipsch sent me a replacement amp. I Jus installed it last night and now have the old amp. Which works if you use a y adaptor on the rca so u can plug into both the red and white (doesn't work as good as new but still it works). I also have an old 12 inch car subwoofer laying around. I was wondering if it would be worth making a box and trying to assemble a DIY ht sub out of this stuff? Any ideas or suggestions would be great. And if it would be a waste of time that will also be helpful. Thanks for any input.

That is kind of what I was thinking, but again I didn't want to waste my time if it was going to for sure sound horrible. I mean I already have the powered amp (klipsch sub 12 BASH amp) and a 12 inch pioneer premier gold coned car sub. Should I just make a perfectly square box? Ported? Sealed? Also when I replaced my amp in the sub 12 it had a little 3 wire set with a cap plug thing connecting the 3 wires. Then the single red and single black. I know what the red and black are for, but where would I connect the 3 little blue wires connected by the plug in thing? The replacement amp came with the 3 wires tied into the connector and plugged into the amp on the one end of the wire, then at the other they were just all 3 glued together? I wasnt sure what to do with it so I just spliced the new and existing wires together (rather than figure out where to put the 3 glued end on the speaker. This was the first time I have ever opened up a HT sub. I know in a car set-up there is a single blue wire that connects to the deck and the amp, telling the amp when to power on. Is this the same thing for the HT sub 12? What do I do with this wire?