RF-7 classic fronts + RC-64II center + BIC PL-200 sub

GoFastr

With one last Audyssey run, I decided to up the gain on the sub a couple notches, I got a much different result. Previously, it had been cutting my mains by 9dB in the trim level; this time, it was only a cut of 4.5dB. ....No change in the primary measurement position from which trim levels are set....So...yeah.

Cool! I was on the Audyssey thread from the beginning and that's where I gleaned most of my information. Fwiw, I mentioned on another thread where someone got to their "-12" limit for their KLF-30s and suggested he needed to adjust the sub, but he said he couldn't do it because it was a passive unit. [^o)]

It's just odd because the sub was high enough previously to need a 1.5dB trim, so I'm not sure why upping the gain on the sub to the point where it needed 10dB trimmed off affected anything. What's more amusing is that the only reason I fiddled with the gain control was to test whether the subwoofer's built in XO was functioning properly (it was). It had been set at disable, but because it rolled off earlier on the top end than my old PB10 due both to DSP filtering and natural rolloff, it made the Audyssey chirp sound much lower pitched and sent me into uber-paranoid mode. At this point though, I'll just be satisfied and with the knowledge that the Audyssey measurements this time were reasonably good. I'll also mention that its neat that Chris Kyriakakis actually takes the time to talk to peons like me!