Center and Surrounds For RF 52 Speakers

Ironsave

The obvious starting point is here: http://www.klipsch.com/product/0/1598/_/RF-52_Home_Theater_System

RC-52 and 62 would be my main aim for centers. I'd hazard a guess that they would present a better match than speakers from 2+ generations prior. The RC-52's direct predecessor, the RC-25 may also work

For surrounds, RS-42 or 52. Surround predecessor AFAIK would be the RS-25, and again, may also work.

The obvious starting point is here: http://www.klipsch.com/product/0/1598/_/RF-52_Home_Theater_System

RC-52 and 62 would be my main aim for centers. I'd hazard a guess that they would present a better match than speakers from 2+ generations prior. The RC-52's direct predecessor, the RC-25 may also work

For surrounds, RS-42 or 52. Surround predecessor AFAIK would be the RS-25, and again, may also work.

Thanks for the input. I am relatively a virgin when it comes to Reference.....

Yes, I checked out the complete RF 52 system.....

What I am looking for is a close match; ie would an RC 35 work?

I am just trying to get an idea of all models that will work pretty well; so I can keep a look out on CL and the bay....

(Considering the RF 52s were $70; I am not looking to spend much more than $125-$150 on a center if I can help it).

Thanks again.....

Best match, Dual 5" woofers = RC-52 II, RC-52 and RC-25.

Second best, Dual 6" woofers = RC-62 II, RC-62, RC-35, RC-3 II and RC-3 (I used the RC-3 with RF-25s and really like it).

Third best, Dual 4" woofers = RC-42 II, RC-42, RC-10

Someone correct me if I got any of those wrong. The dual 6 inch style is by far the best center, but the dual 5s are of course made to match. The 4s should probably work if you found a good deal. If you are looking to save some money and just put together a pretty good system, I wouldn't hesitate to match up any of the above.

What I am looking for is a close match; ie would an RC 35 work?

Yup. The only advice I'd give you is to keep in mind that with each generation, incremental changes are made. You could probably go up or down a generation and probably not notice much difference. Matching a RF-52 with a twelve year old RC-3? Harder to say. It could work, and since you're buying used you could always get rid of it with little loss. But again, if it happens that a RC-3 and a RC-52 pop up for the same price, I know which one I would aim for.